MCT CPEE CVD/PVD Senior Process and Equipment Engineer
Relocation Level: No
Hiring Manager: SAMUEL SISWANTO
Recruiter: SHILPA SINDHE SIVAJI RAO
As an Manufacturing Central Team (MCT) Central Process and Equipment Engineering (CPEE) Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for facilitating improvement of manufacturing capability, executing global business processes, and enabling the leverage of world-wide resources to deliver industry benchmark methods at the lowest costs in CVD/PVD area.
Your objective is to drive global peer groups to align and optimize manufacturing performance. Execute to this by focusing on manufacturing big rock performance gaps (metrics) and leverage the global network to define solutions that can be driven across all sites. You will work with your customers on benchmarking these metrics to improve performance in the network. Examples include equipment and process safety best known methods (BKM), yield and quality improvements, equipment utilization optimization, wafer thru-put optimization, cash cost spend optimization, and continuous improvement project prioritization and execution to project timelines.
This position requires interfacing with FAB Engineering, R and D, and Procurement, as well as interaction with equipment and materials suppliers to drive area manufacturing issues forward. You must be willing and capable of effective collaboration with manufacturing sites, R and D, Procurement, Quality Engineering, other OCT departments, and external suppliers to accomplish your objectives. You must also be willing and capable of international travel, as needed, to accomplish your objectives.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Collaborate To Improve Manufacturing Capability
• Facilitate and drive global peer groups to ensure alignment on strategy and roadmap to achieve area objectives; monitor peer group benefits through metrics with clear line of sight to strategic objectives and or Manufacturing big rocks and drive alignment where it is known to demonstrate improvement in big rock performance; track alignment decisions and hold accountability to those decisions in cases where sites deviate from the roadmap/path defined; ensure best methods sharing spans across all sites regardless of technology and/or site mission differences
• Prioritize resources (internally across network and/or externally with Suppliers) to close any gaps.
• Leverage Copy Smart Team (CST) and hold the teams accountable to deliver to timelines/commitments.
Business Process Management
• Manage your area(s) of responsibility to meet the expectations of OCT programs and business processes and adhere to the standards required by those programs and processes.
• Actively provide input to improve and optimize OCT programs and processes to the respective program and/or process owners.
• Responsible for all Tool of Record (TOR) and Vendor Change Notice (VCN) documentation for your area(s) of responsibility.
• Improve/Optimize/document Zero Based Analysis (ZBA) templates for your area(s) of responsibility.
• Lead and coordinate priorities and activities to accomplish project tasks in your area(s) of responsibility.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects based on Fab and corporate objectives.
• Move projects effectively through project lifecycle – definition, planning, implementation, acceptance and review.
• Motivate stakeholders and all project team members to take ownership of project and its successes.
• Manage priorities and enhancements to improve business processes and existing systems that are global in nature.
• Select best candidates for project teams. Define stakeholder teams.
• Define metrics to gauge project success.
• Maintain a portfolio of projects that maximizes ROI for the program and supports the Central Team and Corporate roadmaps.
• Track metrics for benchmarking Fab Performance. Identify and share BKMs across sites and track compliance to Best Known Method (BKM).
• Active coaching and leadership of Copy Smart Teams (CST). Ensure activities are well coordinated and productive.
• Create strong morale and team spirit, shares wins and successes, foster open dialog, acknowledges team dynamics, builds on positive relationships and addresses negative ones.
• Provide tactical support and coordination for the Fabs as required for issues of People, Safety, Time to Mature Cum Yield, Quality, Cost, and Cycle Time.
• Coordination of Copy Smart Team (CST) activity. Support/implement changes to the CST. Support the business process and change management. Coach teams as required.
• Perform as a “conduit” between the Micron end-users and materials and equipment manufacturers as required.
• Work with the Fab groups and the Central Team to maintain the TOR/POR/MOR in your area(s) of responsibility.
• Keep ADCS updated to current TOR configuration in your area(s) of responsibility.
• Work with vendors to manufacturing address issues of spares delivery, quality, performance and change management.
• Work with Global Procurement and Fab SMEs as the technical resource to drive and resolve concerns in your area(s) of responsibility.
• Maintain a strong and open relationship with peer group and appropriate team members in other functional areas such as Process Integration Engineering, Quality Systems, Production Operations Management, and Purchasing.
• Promote worldwide sharing and transfer of area-specific domain knowledge.
• Communicate and respond to issues in a timely manner, with a cadence appropriate to the priority of the issue.
• Keep stakeholders and team members informed of project status, progress, and roadblocks/opportunities.
Training and Development
• Keep up to date on current Fab manufacturing processing for both R and D and manufacturing.
• Stay current with business practices at each site in your area(s) of responsibility.
• Hold self and others accountable for meeting goals and action items from projects, meetings and conversations.
• Set personal development and performance goals that are clear, measurable and in line with department and corporate goals.
• Utilize coaches/mentors to develop skills needed to take next steps in your career progression.
• Attend training and seminars as required to stay current with technology.
• Organize and utilize time and resources effectively.
• Constantly evaluate self, approach and goals.
• Demonstrate a commitment to quality in work.
• Complete assignments in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
• Display self-motivation/initiative to complete work, training, or projects.
• Work with the Training group and assist in development of advanced training methods (KT, DFSS, etc.).
• Maintain knowledge of equipment and area materials safety concerns in area of focus and address issues with equipment and materials vendors
• Ensure all sites understand any safety concern for equipment in area(s) of your responsibility
• Work with site and central process hazard analysis managers/engineers to close any open PHA/risk items, tactically, within your area(s) of responsibility
• Track and execute closure to area safety issues/projects/activities across sites
- Masters/Bachelor in Engineering
- Min 3 years relevant Wafer Fab experience
- Able to travel
Working Location: 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: SINGAPORE || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering, Quality
Micron Semiconductor Asia