MCT Big Data Senior Engineer
Req. ID: 120254
Do you have a broad theoretical and practical understanding of data engineering and data science? Can you wrangle large scale multidimensional data effectively? Are you always curious to learn something new? Do you love to solve engineering puzzles and optimize complex systems? Can you translate an idea in to an algorithm and make it into a product with quality and scalability in mind? Are you looking for window to the world ?
If so, you may be a great candidate for an Manufacturing Central Team (MCT) Data Engineer position at Micron Technology, Inc., a global, Fortune 500 leader in the semiconductor industry. This position will be based in Singapore.
As an MCT Data Engineer at Micron, you will:
* Work with an international team of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, process and equipment engineers, process integration engineers, yield enhancement engineers, R&D, etc. in a collaborative manner to develop new data science solutions that improve quality, improve yield, reduce deviations, improve manufacturing cycle time, reduce cost, extend manufacturing capabilities, etc.
* Draw from a broad background of data-mining techniques in mathematics, statistics, information technology, machine learning, data engineering, design of experiments (DOE), visualization, etc. to discover insightful patterns in semiconductor manufacturing data
* Work on projects and develop solutions that would be of high impact to various areas at all manufacturing fabs
* Deliver polished presentations of data acquisition, data flow, data preparation and data presentation layer to internal customers and leaders to inform business strategy, streamline operations, and execute to revenue goals
* In short, be a full-stack data engineer who can take an idea, access and prepare necessary data, work with data scientists to create machine learning models, develop it to an application with intuitive user interface, integrate with any pre-existing systems, demonstrate successful use cases and wins, etc.
Responsibilities and Tasks include, but not limited to:
* Understanding business needs and strategy to develop data science solutions
* Collaborating with other data engineers and business process experts to access existing data in data warehouse and big data environments
* Developing new or enhancing prior data acquisition and ETL pipelines from various sources into big data ecosystem.
* Preparing data for machine learning using appropriate steps and methods, which may include data cleaning, transformation, augmentation, enrichment, sampling, etc.
* Working with various scientific data such as equipment sensor data and logs, image and various types of signals, manufacturing process data, etc. to extract meaningful information for analytics
* Creating intuitive user interface for interactive data visualization to explain insights from data
* Preparing and delivering powerful presentations with rich data visualizations and meaningful business conclusions
* Documenting the train of thoughts used to design and implement solutions along with managed source code
* Traveling and participating in various internal forums for strategy building and to build solutions in collaboration with various manufacturing sites
Qualifications and Experience:
* B.S degree or M.S. degree with 2 years’ experience in Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or any other discipline with extensive programming or machine learning work
* Minimum 2 years of experience working in big data and data science projects and teams
* Extensive experience with Java, Scala, Python in Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.) is a must
* Extensive experience with at least one relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, etc.) is a must
* Good grasp of statistical and scientific programming packages in Python, R, etc.
* Good grasp of data science concepts with emphasis on machine learning techniques is a plus
* Experience with image processing (OpenCV, Python PIL, scikit-image, etc.) is a plus
* Proficiency with collaborative source code management and documentation tools. (GIT, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
* Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
* Willing to do international travel
Working Location : 1, North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Entry || Regular || Engineering || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Database, Manufacturing Engineer, Semiconductor, Engineer, Data Warehouse, Technology, Engineering, Science
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.