Material Planner - Manufacturing background is COMPULSORY
- Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle to determine required materials purchases.
- Obtains materials using engineering and production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Ensures material standards are met and non-conformances or variances are approved and/or minimized.
- Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Evaluates vendor reliability and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
- Responsible for the purchases and schedules the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material through production and inventory process.
- Identifies raw material, component, and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and purchases.
- Follow up on orders placed, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycle(s).
- Perform monthly inventory target review and define safety stock as well as re-order point.
- Identify and report material shortage list weekly
- Create and maintain production material purchase orders including providing forecast align with inventory target and strategy.
- Close open PRs and POs on time to keep the MRP result accurate.
- Review and resolve invoice issues and discrepancies
- Material review weekly (shelf life, phase in phase out, ECO/MCO, development materials)
- Communicate with suppliers for delivery issues and expedite when necessary.
- Coordinate closely with supply chain planners on production material planning.
- Ensure SAP MRP master data, planning parameter such as order strategy, inventory policy, lead time, lot sizing for each material item are updated and accurate.
- Create and maintain purchase info records
- Maintain import compliance records
- Manage Material at Vendor (MAV), consignment as needed
- Work with Receiving and Inspection to expedite items as needed
- Review and manage intercompany shipment requests (Pipeline for purchased parts)
- Set-up and maintain suppliers on Supplier Network Collaboration system (SNC)
- Coordinate returns and replacement of defective material
- Support Strategic Operation Specialist on tactical operations.
- Work with Strategic/Operations Specialist for production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services.
- To perform other duties as required.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Min Diploma/ Degree in Business Administration/Materials Management/Supply Chain/Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in supply chain, planning, purchasing, materials and inventory control environment in manfacturing industry
- Experience with SAP software
- Knowledge in ISO13485 and contractual legal aspect will have an added advantage
- Good knowledge in MS Office
Interested candidates please submit your resume to jacechoo@ recruitexpress.com.sg
Alternatively, pls call Jace at 6736 3280
Jace Choo Oi Kei
Personnel EA License No.: R1875164
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (EA Licence No.: 99C4599)
Recruit Express Pte Ltd