Marketing Manager - Singapore
We are the Australian Trade and Investment Commission – or Austrade – and we’re responsible for promoting Australian trade, investment and education to the world.
We help Australian businesses grow by linking them to global export opportunities; we attract international investment to help Australia reach its economic potential; we help startups innovate and go global and we promote Australia's leading-edge education services to the world to help drive growth within this sector. Our tourism policy and programs also help to build a thriving tourism industry.
With employees working in over 80 offices around the world, we are a globally focused and inclusive employer who invests in our people. See if we are the type of organisation you want to work for by finding out more about us on our website.
Based in Singapore, this position promotes and supports Australian business by optimising and expanding business networks to take advantage of trade and investment opportunities.
For this role we seek a highly motivated and experienced marketing professional to: (1) develop the promotion and strategic communication of Australian industry capability to Singaporean business, influencers and the media; (2) articulate the importance of the Singapore market, in the context of its trade, education and investment relationship with Australia, and (3) contribute to the marketing strategy and content development for the ASEAN region.
The position is based in the Austrade office located in the Australian High Commission in Singapore. The successful applicant will manage competing project timeframes and demands from stakeholders, with minimal supervision. The individual will possess significant experience in developing and coordinating marketing and communication activities across a market and/or region, building a coherent narrative, but also responding to specific market interests.
In this role you will:
- Work with the Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner and the Global communications team in Australia to develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy for Singapore which utilises global marketing assets and uses a range of innovative channels and solutions locally.
- Develop news articles and business insights, and disseminate these through various communication channels (including online, media, and through partners) to promote business opportunities in Singapore to Australian and Singaporean audiences.
- Contribute to the development of the global communication and social media strategy, and plan appropriately for the market and region in partnership with other federal agencies (e.g. Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade).
- Work with the Austrade team throughout ASEAN to maximise the successful implementation of events, activities and initiatives, including through the execution of marketing plans, and the production of marketing communications and collateral.
- Work with the global communications team in Australia to ensure that Austrade’s corporate marketing policies and branding guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop the local implementation of the new Nation Brand.
- Identify opportunities for local media, advertising and advertorials to maximise exposure.
- Develop and leverage marketing activities and share best practice with marketing colleagues in Austrade offices around the world.
- Manage local designers, printers and agencies to deliver the marketing and communications strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge creation within Austrade, by adopting information practices, sharing knowledge and information and by embracing best practice and development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively within the Austrade network to lead service delivery by the Marketing Team and achieve desired outcomes, while upholding the Australian Public Service (APS) Values, Employment Principles and Code of Conduct and Work Health & Safety (WHS) principles.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Given the nature of what we do, we thrive when our teams are made up of people from different backgrounds, cultures, genders, education, training, interests and skills. There are eight particular aspects we will consider when looking for successful candidate for this role:
- You have demonstrated experience and record of development and delivery of integrated marketing and communication strategies, including the ability to translate business plans into marketing strategies.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills, including a record of success in stakeholder management and working with virtual teams, preferably in a multinational organisation.
- You are an inclusive, collaborative team member with experience contributing to diverse teams.
- Project management skills and the drive and discipline to ensure competing deadlines are met on time.
- You have experience in developing marketing and communications campaigns for local market delivery
- You are outcomes focused, and set up work that has SMART objectives and ways to track deliverables to attribute value
- You have the ability to develop multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have a strong understanding of web, digital and creative teams with excellent time management skills and an ability to drive a project forward to ensure it meets its deadlines
- You have hands-on experience with contemporary marketing tools including social media, graphic design, EDMs, printing, and events and experience of briefing and managing suppliers of these within tight budgets and deadlines Superior written and verbal communications skills in English
- You have superior written and verbal communications skills in English
- You are equipped with an understanding of both Singaporean and Australian business cultures
- You can deliver calmly under pressure and you are optimistic
- You have the ability to work well independently and as part of a global team located in multiple offices.
- You are committed to working through the values of collaboration, transparency, innovation and generosity of spirit.
HOW TO APPLY
Now that you are familiar with Austrade, we want to hear about you! By referencing the duties of the role and the selection criteria, you should outline in a maximum of 800 words your skills, experience and qualifications to demonstrate you are the right candidate for this role. We are interested to hear why you would like to work for Austrade, and understand how your personal attributes (in addition to your professional skills) can add value to Austrade.
Attach a concise resume to your application and the details of two referees who can confirm your credentials and discuss your suitability for the role.
Applications will be accepted via Austrade’s online recruitment system, eRecruit. Submit your online application through the Austrade Employment Page by 11:30 pm (local time) Wednesday, 23 October 2019.
Only candidates who complete their application in Austrade’s online recruitment system will be considered. For assistance with the online recruitment system contact [Click Here to Email Your Resume] All applications received before the closure date will be reviewed, however the Panel holds complete discretion to close a position prior to the listed closure date if deemed necessary. The Panel also has the discretion to consider further applications after the position has been closed.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must have:
- Work Authorisation - Applicants must be legally authorised to work in Singapore.
- Qualification - Minimum Bachelor level relevant tertiary qualification (for example but not limited to Marketing/Communications or industry-related disciplines).
- Experience - Minimum 5 years of experience in an international marketing role.
- Language - The position requires a highly motivated individual, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Security - The successful applicant must be willing to complete an Entry Level Screening Pack and be confirmed as a suitable person to access Government resources, prior to commencement in the role.
Austrade is part of the Australian Government, and our recruitment process can differ from the usual in country practice. To find out more about what to expect in this process please refer to the Austrade Employment Page. Austrade is a strong supporter of equal employment opportunities, you can see how we are building a culture of diversity and inclusion here.
Australian Trade and Investment Commission