Market Development Manager, Emerging Markets, APAC
Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. As the established global leader in DNA sequencing our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in clinical genomics. Clinical Genomics serves as one of Illumina’s largest, most important and fastest growing markets. As a key member of the Market Development team, this individual will be responsible to develop, implement and actively manage the market development strategies for next generation sequencing (NGS) across a variety of emerging market segments, such as cardiology, infectious disease and other translational clinical applications in the region. Ideal candidates will combine strong scientific knowledge of genomics in the translational research setting with an understanding of how discoveries are being translated into widespread application of NGS. In this position the candidate would have the opportunity to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams and cultivate key partnerships with KOLs enabling customers to access our technology, as the clinical markets that NGS serve, expand further.
- Ability to assess market potential, develop go to market strategies and drive execution of strategy with clear milestones and action plans.
- Leverage and communicate market information internally to best inform Illumina’s product development, regulatory and market entry strategies. Stay current and report on competitor activities and market dynamics.
- Aseess opportunities for new partnerships and product offerings and integrate into product marketing. Work with internal and external stakeholders, enable customers to operate in the clinical market.
- Partner with thought leaders to design and manage collaboration opportunities that support market development goals. Develop local data, and clinical proof points to increase system utilization where applicable. Build and manage close relationships with KOLs.
- Enable the commercial organisation to successfully penetrate new markets through in-field scientific and business analsysis support including education, training and content presentation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with product management, product marketing, regional teams and senior management to develop and implement market development strategies for key target markets.
- Demonstrate an ability to organize projects and see them through to completion. Enhance scientific understanding and align company initiatives with Illumina’s strategic position to promote Illumina’s mission.
- Conceive and execute strategy to influence key stakeholders such as industry bodies, regulators and payers.
- Support the Commercial and Marketing organisations with in-field activities including customer & field education on utilization of new and existing NGS products, including creation of a speakers’ bureau.
- Qualify and define collaboration opportunities new to Illumina
- Conduct expert panel programs to foster two-way flow of information
- Synthesise customer experiences and desires into new clinical product concepts in partnership with Product Marketing
Preferred Educational Background:
- Master’s Degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, or other related science field; MBA, MD or Ph.D. is desirable
- MS, MD or Ph.D is desirable
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience with genomics technologies, products and/or applications; ideally with experience in clinical markets or translational research
- Strong initiative, problem-solving ability and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion. Outstanding attention to detail, excellent organizational skills
- Previous business strategy, business development, or strategic marketing experience related to genomics and new applications. Experience in strategic consulting or product management would be welcomed
- Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively and independently to drive results
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels, including previous experience in a highly matrixed organization would be preferred.
- Exceptional communications skills – with a proven ability to influence at all levels across an organisation. Ability to work with a large number of individuals on a one-on-one basis
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en