Confidential| Date Posted: 25-Sep-2020
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
The Marine Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the safe and smooth operations of his or her assigned product tankers.
Reports to: Marine Manager / Shipping Manager
- To promote and manage the vessels’ health, safety and environment compliance.
- To ensure that the vessels are able to perform their voyages and operations.
- To arrange and manage audits and inspections required by the recognised organisation (RO) – ISM, ISPS and MLC.
- To arrange and manage vetting inspections, including submissions onto the OCIMF SIRE online platform.
- To oversee the vessels’ navigational matters, including approval of passage plans and conduct of navigation audits.
- To ensure compliance with terminal, operators, oil majors and charterers’ requirements.
- To liaise with and manage matters in relation to Flag State and Port State.
- To ensure that Q88 and HVPQ are updated at all times.
- To advise on changes to regulations, requirements and industry best practices.
- To monitor, review and update the company’s SMS.
- To provide vessels with guidance and information regarding the above.
- To provide support, training and enforcement in respect of crew competency and discipline.
- To provide support in respect of queries regarding vessels’ capabilities and performances.
- Member of company’s emergency response team.
- Attend to projects and tasks as assigned.
- Seagoing experience as a Master (at least CoC class 1 or 2), or at least 2 years of experience of shore experience in relation to safety, health and environment management and compliance for product or chemical tankers.
- Familiar with international and local maritime regulations and requirements.
- Strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, management and communication skills.
- Able to motivate and inspire people.