Manufacturing Principal Engineer
SYSTEMS ON SILICON MANUFACTURING COMPANY (SSMC) | Date Posted: 19-Jul-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Support the Section Senior Manager/ Manager in all manufacturing-related issue and work with supporting departments in identifying solution and successful implementation across all 4 shifts
- Resolve and handle line-related issues and to understand all equipment capacities / constraints so as to identify, handle, prevent and resolve bottleneck situations
- Initiate to identify issue and highlight issue to management
- Lead, coordinate and execute improvement programs in manufacturing operations in his/her Section
- Facilitate, lead or participate in Transform program, cost reduction and productivity improvement projects.
- Ensure proper documentation and data-integrity
- Ensure safety, discipline and housekeeping compliance by all personnel and take actions on violators
- Provide mentorship, training and guidance to fellow/ new Manufacturing Engineers/ Leaders
- Chair off-shift production meetings
- Degree in Engineering or any related discipline
- Min 6 years relevant wafer fab manufacturing experience in at least one of the areas in Thin Film, Diffusion, Etch, Photo, Test and Production Control
- Candidates with less years of experiences will be considered for Senior Engineer role
- Well versed in every manufacturing aspect in current section plus some knowledge in 1 other section.
- Have independently or as part of a team; completed at least 1 improvement project in manufacturing operations
- This role is on normal shift (Mon - Fri)
SYSTEMS ON SILICON MANUFACTURING COMPANY (SSMC)
• Founded in 1998, SSMC is a foundry service provider, a joint venture of NXP Semiconductor N.V. (NXP) Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company. • This wafer fabrication facility produces specialty wafers for connected car, secured connectivity, portable & wearable and the internet of things applications that offer secure • We are expanding into niche markets, - Buoyed by the demand for ICs for Internet of Things, Smart mobile and wearable devices and connected cars, SSMC will stay focus to continue increasing our footprint in the niche markets; and also accelerate our growth rate towards creating greater value in our technologies, manufacturing excellence and customer partnership. - We intend to expand into automotive and high performance mixed signal market (HPMS); and providing solutions for secured connections for a smarter world.