Manufacturing Engineers work under the supervision of the Production Manager. They are responsible in production execution (4M) , coordinating and controlling of manufactured processes. They monitor production of goods or the effectiveness of services, ensure accurate amount is produced at the right quality ensuring cost and production wastage control. Manufacturing Engineers monitors correct equipment usage and safety as well during each process. Ensuring a timescale for production to run smoothly and effectively within the planned schedule. They also helps in checking product standards and applying quality control programs, liaising with Customers Engineers on abilities to fabricate according to tolerances.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Distribute daily work tasks (Job Orders) and targets to department. Ensuring staff knows what’s job of the day.
- Update Production white Board Job status & submit production report daily.
- Preparation and ensure all materials are ready for current and next job.
- Liaise with other departments for next stage of job processes.
- Prepare Jigs & Fixtures to assist staff for work efficiency.
- Develop checking methods ensuring quality meets for ease of checking.
- Record all manufacturing time for each project and job in system systematically.
- Resolve Technical issue immediately or consult Superior.
- Develop at least 2 alternative methods of making manufacturing practices more efficient & cost effective monthly.
- Make recommendation to Superior in order to have the best use of production timelines, equipment and give details what the company manufacturing goals should be in the months to come.
- Maintain equipment in top working condition by scheduling all maintenance needs, repair and applying 5S in production floor.
- Prepare Tools Box meeting for month end closing.
- Duties assign by immediate Superior.
- 3 years in Sheet Metal experiences in Manufacturing Engineer or Production Controller.
- Ability to control manpower & distribute jobs evenly ensuring production meets dateline.
- Knowledge to resolve production manufacturing conflicts. (Give solutions when production staff faces problem in production process.)
- Ability to take up Overseas assignment.
- Update of daily production out-put to Superior.
Allied MFG Sdn Bhd