Manufacturing Engineer (for improvement)
REC Solar Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 15-Sep-2019
Entry Level, Experienced
Bachelor's / Honours
We are looking to hire a highly motivated Engineer who will be responsible for the Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering function of our REC cell plant supporting the strategic ambition to be the world’s leading solar cell producer.
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager
- Oversee the SMT (Self-Managed Team) / TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) activities, drive for continuous improvement by implementing up-to-date methods, BKM to achieve the manufacturing goals set by the management.
- Lead and participate in TPM AM, PM, QM pillar teams to shift to achieve the long term goals of TPM.
- Implement line operational procedures, and ensure compliance with corporate requirements and procedures
- Implement efficient Manufacturing System with high productivity
- Maintain optimum utilization of equipment and resources and constantly review methods of WIP management and flow in the SMT.
- Ensure the processes are in control using SPC
- Involved in daily line sustaining troubleshooting on process and quality related issues.
- Manage all non-conformance material and scraps disposition as according to the process control procedures and quality related procedures.
- Participate actively in key project such as cost reduction, yield improvement, Cpk. improvement, new product / process development, new machine qualification, process optimization, throughput improvement and new material evaluation/qualification
- Drive the team of operators in the SMT to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality & service using Six-Sigma, Gemba, Kaizen or similar applicable methodology
- As an individual contributor, may be accountable for projects/programs as well as, developing methods and parameters, project methodology and/or project proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project progress and/or the specific goals of the division.
- To observe and abide to all Environmental Health and Safety related rules and procedures in compliance to the Environmental Health and Safety policy.
- Coaches, mentor and conduct training for targeted organizations on the manufacturing systems
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Physics / Manufacturing / Chemistry
- Possess production hands-on experience in production line planning, production control, engineering methods for process controls, input / output balancing, FIFO methodology, cycletime management, productivity improvement, TPM and line staffing.
- Exposure to fast paced manufacturing environment in MNC is advantageous
- Working experience in Solar or Semiconductors manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge on Solar or Semiconductor process flow and manufacturing system
- Track records of cost reduction achievement
- Hands-on experience with plant start-up & Lean Production System development preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skill, good presentation, team-building and communications
- Must be highly energetic and have the drive to get things done ahead of plan.
- Knowledge of tools and methodologies like SPC, TOPS, FMEA, DOE, Fish-Bone Analysis, TPM, etc.
- Skills and abilities to perform job include: analytical communication, presentation skills, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, computer literacy, interpersonal skills, exercises mature judgment; ability to work in a team, as well as, independently; ability to influence other people
- Willingness to travel.
- Highly discipline in manufacturing behavior
REC Solar Pte Ltd