Manufacturing Central Team(MCT) CPEE Dry Etch Senior Engineer
Req. ID: 118276
As an Manufacturing Central Team Dry Etch Process and Equipment Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for facilitating improvement of manufacturing capability, executing global business processes, and enabling the leverage of world-wide resources to deliver industry benchmark methods at the lowest costs in Fab Support.
Your objective is to drive global peer groups to align and optimize manufacturing performance. Execute by focusing on manufacturing big rock performance gaps (metrics) and leverage the global network to define solutions that can be driven across all sites. You will work with your customers on benchmarking these metrics to improve performance in the network. Examples include: equipment and process safety best known methods (BKM), yield and quality improvements, equipment utilization optimization, wafer thru-put optimization, cash cost spend optimization, continuous improvement project prioritization, and execution to project timelines.
You must be willing and capable of effective collaboration with manufacturing sites, R&D, Procurement, Quality Engineering, other MCT departments, and suppliers to accomplish your objectives. You must also be willing and capable of international travel, as needed, to accomplish your objectives.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Collaborate To Provide and Improve Manufacturing Capability
- Facilitate and drive global peer groups to ensure alignment on strategic roadmaps to achieve area objectives; monitor peer group benefits through metrics with a clear line of sight to strategic objectives and/or manufacturing big rocks and drive alignment where it is known to demonstrate improvement in big rock performance; track alignment decisions and hold accountability to those decisions in cases where sites deviate from the roadmap/path defined; ensure best methods sharing spans across all sites regardless of technology and/or site mission differences.
- Prioritize resources (internally across network and/or externally with Suppliers) to close any gaps.
- Leverage Copy Smart Team(CST), Key Equipment Group(KEG), CPEE communities, and hold the teams accountable to deliver to timelines/commitments.
- Share Process/Quality/Cost/Max-out BKMs across Dry Etch network and drive for alignment.
Business Process Management
- Manage your area(s) of responsibility to meet the expectations of MCT programs and business processes and adhere to the standards required by those programs and processes.
- Actively provide input to improve and optimize MCT programs and processes to the respective program and/or process owners.
- Responsible for all Tool of Record (TOR) and Vendor Change Notice (VCN) documentation for your area(s) of responsibility.
- Improve/Optimize/document Zero Based Analysis (ZBA) templates for your area(s) of responsibility.
- Lead and coordinate priorities and activities to accomplish project tasks in your area(s) of responsibility.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects based on Fab and corporate objectives.
- Move projects effectively through project lifecycle – definition, planning, implementation, acceptance and review.
- Motivate stakeholders to take ownership of projects.
- Manage priorities and enhancements to improve business processes and existing systems that are global in nature.
- Select best candidates for project teams. Define stakeholder teams.
- Define metrics to gauge project success.
- Maintain a portfolio of projects that maximizes ROI for the program and supports the Central Team and Corporate roadmaps.
- Drive network performance to meet industry benchmarks. Emphasis on taking a strategic approach to influence CoO improvements, productivity, process performance, and advancements in technology. Participate/Lead teams which influence TTMCY, MTEP, CIP, CT, Cost and Quality.
- Track metrics for benchmarking Fab/Tool Performance. Identify and share Best Known Methods across sites and track compliance.
- Drive supplier engagement and tool strategies across the network
- Provide support and guidance for Supplier Quality Engineering (Supplier materials quality control) in your area(s) of responsibility.
- Create strong morale and team spirit, share wins and successes, foster open dialog, acknowledge team dynamics, build on positive relationships and addresses negative ones.
- Provide tactical support and coordination for the Fabs as required for issues of People, Safety, Time to Mature Cum Yield, Quality, Cost, and Cycle Time.
- Coordinate Copy Smart Team (CST) activity. Support/implement changes to the CST. Support the business process and change management. Coach teams as required.
- Perform as a “conduit” between the Micron end-users and materials and equipment manufacturers as required.
- Work with the Fab groups and the Central Team to maintain the TOR/POR/MOR in your area(s) of responsibility.
- Keep ADCS updated to current TOR configuration in your area(s) of responsibility.
- Work with vendors to manufacturing address issues of spares delivery, quality, performance and change management.
- Work with Global Supplier Account Managers (GSAM) and Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE) as the technical resource to drive and resolve concerns in your area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintain a strong and open relationship with peer group and appropriate team members in other functional areas such as Process Integration Engineering, Quality Systems, Production Operations Management, and Purchasing.
- Promote worldwide sharing and transfer of area-specific domain knowledge.
- Communicate and respond to issues in a timely manner, with a cadence appropriate to the priority of the issue.
- Keep stakeholders and team members informed of project status, progress, and roadblocks/opportunities.
Training and Development
- Keep up to date on current Fab manufacturing processing for both R and D and manufacturing.
- Stay current with business practices at each site in your area(s) of responsibility.
- Hold self and others accountable for meeting goals and action items from projects, meetings and conversations.
- Set personal development and performance goals that are clear, measurable and in line with department and corporate goals.
- Utilize coaches/mentors to develop skills needed to take next steps in your career progression.
- Attend training and seminars as required to stay current with technology.
- Organize and utilize time and resources effectively.
- Constantly evaluate self, approach and goals.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality in work.
- Complete assignments in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Display self-motivation/initiative to complete work, training, or projects. Work with the Training group and assist in development of advanced training methods (KT, DFSS, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of equipment and area materials safety concerns in area of focus and address issues with equipment and materials vendors.
- Ensure all sites understand any safety concern for equipment in area(s) of your responsibility.
- Work with site and central process hazard analysis managers/engineers to close any open PHA/risk items, tactically, within your area(s) of responsibility.
- Track and execute closure to area safety issues/projects/activities across sites.
- Proven capability of dealing with complex issues with an ability to utilize resources effectively.
- In depth knowledge of Process and Equipment. Area content expert. Experienced across multiple areas is a plus.
- Good English skills and the ability to lead and coordinate global teams across cultures and time zones. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with or at other sites.
- A record of performance excellence for current area of responsibility, and previous areas managed and recognized as well as having demonstrated successful leadership characteristics both in present and past jobs.
- Viewed by current reports as an excellent mentor, team builder and motivator.
- Demonstrated the ability to solve problems across multi-functional groups, both within and outside the department.
- Current supervisor recommendation as a viable candidate.
- Masters/Bachelor in Engineering
- Min 3 years relevant Wafer Fab experience with Dry Etch background
- Willing to travel
1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Manufacturing/Production Operations || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial, Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.