Manager - Vertical Market (VM Aerospace/ Industrial/ Marine)
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 10-Feb-2021
'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Understand the opportunities the client presents and prepare annual growth plan.
- Grow account(s) and deliver financial metrics (revenue, volume, gross profit, and Day Sales Outstanding / Account Receivable where relevant) in line with agreed budget and development targets.
- Create a plan for business development and ensure the implementation of new business opportunities, from initial opportunity creation to establishment of stable operation.
- Understand where specific capabilities need to be developed in order to meet the client’s expectations and identify the needs of local or regional management.
- Serve as the commercial focal point of contact for the client and develop strategic multi-level relationships with those responsible for the various logistics functions of the client.
- Be the internal consultant and coordinator for all aspects of the business relationship and facilitate sharing of know-how about the client with internal stake-holders.
- Be the point of liaison with the client on all business-related matters pertaining to overall business process and implementation, including new potential business, commercial issues, the scope of the agreement, business improvements, and ongoing service performance.
- Respond to complex and sensitive logistics issues and questions; create innovative and profitable solutions in tandem with specialist departments within DB Schenker.
- Be involved in the pre-RFQ process, RFQ scoping, solutioning, presentation, negotiation, and post-RFQ reviews.
- Plan and drive Monthly Operational Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and Project Workshops with the client.
- Minimum GCE 'A' Level or Diploma holder.
- Strong leadership skills to establish strategy and direction, including developing a vision for future business with the client, developing strategies for producing the changes required to achieve the vision, aligning and influencing people, motivating and inspiring the account team and the internal people responsible for the success of the client.
- Exceptional relationship management and communication skills to assist with planning and budgeting, organizing and staffing, controlling, and problem-solving.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to influence outcomes across multiple locations.
- Leadership and people management abilities with effective communication skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent financial and process analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a client-driven deadline environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, matrix, and virtual environment.
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd