Manager, Trade Support Operations (1 year contract)
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Global Market function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clients’ investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes.Job Responsibilities
- Support the processing and settlement of Over The-Counter (OTC) Derivatives (both plain vanilla and structured) and structured deposits
- Ensure that Global Market Dealers correctly book deals in Murex Global Markets Platform / Proxy
- Ensure that manual deal tickets are accurately verified and captured on spreadsheets.
- Monitor and check fixings and payments
- Check and authorize payments and accounting entries
- Ensure that non-receipt/non-payment of funds are monitored, followed up and resolved
- Assist in monthly regulatory reports submission.
- Liaise with PCG group with regards to MTM valuation specifically on non-system computed transactions.
- Assist on adhoc projects and assignments.
- Investigate on irregularities noted and escalate to Team Lead/Section Head
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, and operational issues brought to the team’s attention
- Proactively support and partner with Global Markets to deliver quality service that exceeds customers’ expectations
- Recognized Degree in any one or a combination of these specializations - Banking/ Finance/ Accountancy/ Computing
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in an Operations environment within a financial institution, preferably in derivatives products.
- Candidates are required to be proficient in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word). Preference will be given to candidates with advanced computing skills (VBA, SQL) and experience in automating processes, and handling and analyzing large and complex amount of data.
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills
- Highly driven and able to work under pressure
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)