Manager (Systems & Records Unit), Office of Registrar
- Manage the backend configuration for PG course enrolment requisites including pre-requisites, corequisites, mutual exclusivity, etc. Set up and maintain special course requirements such as programme-level restrictions, student group restrictions, minimum grades and complex rules that involve multiple requisites.
- Manage the backend configuration that supports the first-come-first-serve PG course registration system. Review and analyze how the system may be configured and/or enhanced to better support the complex and inter-related requirements for the shared PG courses that cut across schools and programmes.
- Manage degree audit rules and configurations to facilitate self-service tracking of academic progression towards degree fulfilment for all PG Professional and PG Research programmes.
- Understand PG curriculum changes and analyze the impacts on various cohorts of students. Provide expert advice on how the curriculum changes may be translated and constructed for system implementation.
- Review and improve the system and mechanism for tracking PG student progression and provide reports to facilitate the identification of “at-risk” students.
- Work with various units and key stakeholders to design, enhance and maintain PG student analytics to facilitate trend identification and decision making. Construct and implement queries that facilitate information sharing and improve records monitoring/tracking.
- Take on a key role in a project team to implement the Graduate Research Management System that manages and tracks research students’ progression towards their degree completion. Manage and maintain the series of backend configurations after system go-live that support the operation of the Graduate Research Management System, including the setups for computation of candidature consumption, research topics/supervisor setups, research committee setups, etc.
- Take on any assignment as delegated by the supervisor and help in other departmental activities, e.g. matriculation, commencement, exam invigilation, etc.
- Degree in IT/ISM related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience, preferably in a tertiary educational institution.
- Knowledge/Experience in using the PeopleSoft (PS) Campus Solutions would be an advantage.
- Committed to providing quality customer service.
- Able to understand SQL and proficient in using end user query tools, particularly PS Query Manager.
- Analytical and good problem-solving skill.
- Able to set priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University