Manager, Student Leadership (3 years and 9-month contract), OSL
- This position is for Office of Student Life (OSL)
- Management of Student Life Management System (SLiMS) and its replacement
- Plan, implement and maintain the system infrastructure to meet SMU’s needs with improved service availability and reliability.
- Plan, formulate and enhance the process of system infrastructure to support the needs of SMU community in the areas of co-curricular involvement, skill-based workshops and external activities.
- Manage, operate and perform troubleshooting on system infrastructure to maintain high availability and performance while also supporting projects for improvements and enhancements.
- Educate, familiarise and create awareness for both SMU staff and student committees on the system through briefings, user manuals and electronic communications.
- Responsible for implementing operating policies, timelines and related procedures to facilitate user compliance and smooth handover between users.
- Oversee and supervise the handover procedure as well as facilitate the transfer process to ensure accuracy and smooth transition of records within SMU community.
- Perform daily system related operations support as well as liaising with vendors on all SLiMS matters.
- Provide support and consultancy of the system to direct users in the areas of student organization management, University-wide events, activity committees as well as any other potential projects’ smooth execution of CCA-related administrative tasks.
- Responsible for seamless operations of system infrastructure; ensuring the continuous accessibility and performance for user’s convenience within and outside of SMU.
- Identify, evaluate potential issues on operations and support of the system and liaise with the respective offices for further enhancements.
- Provide technical expertise to support consultation and integration with new/existing initiatives and systems. Communicate technology limitations, features and set expectations to assess feasibility.
- Provide technical expertise and liaison for OSL for the Blue Ribbon Commission Undergraduate Co-Curriculum (BRC) Project. Advise, guide and provide insights to the stakeholders’ requests and limitations of SLiMS for the approved system; Chalk and Wire (replacement of SLiMS), to improve efficiency, user experience and meeting the requirements of various stakeholders.
- Continuous review and maintenance of SLiMS’ related issues in Smoo Smoo Chatbot - User FAQ initiative created by Student Services Hub (SSH).
- Assess, support users and provide feedback on the Facilities Booking System with the Office of Campus and Infrastructure Systems (OCIS) for improved users experience.
- Responsible for updating, appraising user manuals that is available in various platforms for the SMU community.
- Monitor and analyse user requirements to improve the quality of the resources and system infrastructure. Implement and make changes as required; particularly with the increase usage and higher capacity demand from users.
- Facilitate the delivery of the SMU Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs) through the events and activities organized by student clubs.
- Contribute to the development and credibility of Student Leadership cluster’s student clubs
- Oversee, mentor and guide the student leaders of clubs in the development and implementation of strategic goals in support of SMU Vision 2025.
- Oversee, mentor and guide student leaders in the areas of club governance, finance and branding to establish credible student clubs in SMU.
- Guide and support student leaders in the area of risk assessment in collaboration with the SMU Office of Safety and Security (OSS) team.
- Contribute to the efficient operations of the Student Leadership cluster
- Coordinate programmes / events / activities budget at the cluster level.
- Manage student clubs and Student Leadership cluster’s administrative functions as assigned.
- Manage working relationships with other units, offices and external parties to the highest degree of professionalism.
- Any other roles and responsibilities as determined by RO (Reporting Officer).
- Degree holder preferably in IT and/or Systems Management or similar fields.
- Diploma in education and/or experience in pedagogy will be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in systems management, operations and education sector.
- Self-motivated with strong inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate digital systems for the management of student records.
- Knowledge of pedagogy and assessment of learning outcomes will be a key advantage.
- Possess strong organizing; coordinating and administrative capabilities; strong analytical skills.
- Excellent command of both oral and written English.
- Ability to guide, influence and be assertive where necessary
- Meticulous and able to meet short deadlines effectively
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring students
- Good financial accounting abilities
- Proficient in MS Office.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience
Singapore Management University