Manager, Structured Trade Operations Manager, Group Technology & Operations
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for operations and transaction processing, with prompt & decisive resolution over exceptions encountered
- Perform pre-processing review of customers’ submissions and documentary checks of shipping documents, Back-to-Back LCs and Transfer LCs
- Identify documentary discrepancies, transactional exceptions and/or non-compliance with regulations and inform the Department Head promptly of any unusual or exceptional activities
- Assist the Department Head to ensure that regulatory, bank’s policies, guidelines, control and compliance requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure areas of non-compliance highlighted by the auditors and compliance officer are followed up promptly and all staff are briefed accordingly to prevent recurrence
- Review new products and requirements with Bank’s business and/or support units and setup procedures to operationalize such service delivery to customers. Provide trade technical advice to Relationship Managers and customers when needed
- Efficient and service orientated handling of customers’ transactions, customer and business centric, able to drive ops efficiency applying appropriate risk controls where required
- Participate in/Lead Bank’s productivity and service related initiatives/projects
- Graduate, preferably in Banking & Finance
- At least 4 years of trade operations experience in Bank in all areas of international trade.
- Sound knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URC,ISP,URDG.
- Experience in structure trade finance ops advantageous.
- Able to multi-task with strong ops risk awareness, team management skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills, clear and concise in communications
- Strong leadership. Able to both work independently and together with a team
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)