Manager, SOC Analyst, Information Security
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- The analyst will be responsible for performing daily operational real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information Monitoring tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, network infrastructure logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), mainframes, midrange, applications and databases.
- Perform incident initial identification, classification and prioritization
- Timely escalation and working closely with stakeholder to ensure rapid response to all reported incidents
- Provide support and assistance during the investigation of security incident
- Proactive monitoring on Cyber threat landscape by performing research and study on latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Participate in the periodic review and establishment of stringent service level requirement
- Generate security reporting and metrics as required
- Perform daily health check on the system health status
- Stay current on the latest threats and vulnerabilities to ensure operational tools and processes are up to date
- Provide first line response to security incidents (malware infections, unauthorized access, malicious emails, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, etc).
- Enhance and assist in the tuning of the SIEM and NIDS rules to identify security incidents and reduce false positives.
- Review threat intelligence and investigate indicators of compromise (IOCs).
Assisting in evaluating security events and issues, being the escalation point of contact when required.Job Requirements
- ITC/Diploma/Degree in Computer Science / IT Security from a recognized education institution
- Professional security related qualification (e.g. SANS GCIA, GSEC, GCIH) will be favorable although not mandatory
- 1 to 4 years of relevant experience in similar capacity.
- Strong understanding of basic computer science: algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, networks, and programming
- Strong understanding of IT operations: help desk, end-point, server management, and networks
- Strong ability to communicate: write clearly and is able to communicate at all levels – technical and management
- Good understanding of Cyber security: Cyber kill chain, TTP, threat intelligence, malware triage
- Good understanding of information security concepts: defense in depth, BYOD management, data loss protection, risk assessment and security metrics
- A good knowledge in networking technology and network security (i.e. Firewall, IDS, IPS, VPN, APT and TCP/IP protocols)
- Basic malware analysis capability will be an advantage
- Working experience with ArcSight or any major SIEM will be an advantage
- Strong technical knowledge and log analysis for Operating Systems, Database, Security and Network device & application
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Process and procedure adherence
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
Work in a rotational 24/7 SOC environmentBe a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)