Manager / Senior Officer, Group Risk Management - Product Control & Governance
Functional area: Risk Management
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Product Control and Governance is the function in Group Risk Management responsible for P&L Reporting and Attribution, P&L Reconciliations, Valuation Controls, Market Data & Book Controls and Structured Products governance.
This role is responsible for furnishing accurate and timing P&L reporting to the Global Markets business, covering the Market Making and Structuring desks.
- Provide daily P&L reporting to the Trading desks, furnish with the P&L commentary.
- Reconcile daily P&L to the Trader’s estimate and explain any P&L variance beyond the threshold.
- Perform daily P&L attribution process to explain the drivers of P&L movements.
- Conduct P&L stop-loss monitoring to ensure there is no breach against the approved threshold.
- Monitor daily option event, check to ensure underlying trade has been created post option exercised.
- Support new product rollout, to involve in the review and update any changes to the existing workflow.
- Compute month-end reserve and provide figures to post into the ledger.
- On a monthly basis, to reconcile the P&L against output from the ledger and explain the P&L differences. Post reconciliation, to make adjustment to the reported P&L or ledger where necessary.
- A degree or professional qualification in accounting, business, or related fields;
- Must possess at least 2 - 3 years of experience working in the Finance industry, preferably in Product Control area.
- Possess an understanding of the global market products including rates, fixed income, FX and other derivatives.
- Ability to articulate and escalate issue promptly for resolution.
- A good team player.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)