Manager/Senior Manager, Learning & Organisational Devt (2-yr contract), OHRFA
- This position is for Office of Human Resources and Faculty Administration (OHRFA).
- Organisational Development
- Contribute ideas, good practice, research, and analysis to the development of the L&OD strategy to ensure integration and alignment with strategic goals of the University and HRFA department.
- Design, deliver and evaluate assigned OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions to support continuous improvements, and a high performance and learning culture.
- Collaborate with the L&OD team, HRFA teams, and relevant partners, to ensure effective communication, consultation, coordination and data-driven evaluation of change initiatives.
- Actively participate, contribute to and/or create platforms to drive sharing of best practice, knowledge and information across the University.
- Performance Management
- Collaborate with L&OD and HRFA teams, and a diverse range of stakeholders, to ensure targeted communication, capacity and capability-building programmes in performance management process to enhance the people management/performance management practice across the University.
- Design and undertake internal diagnosis, process/system design and reviews, and engage in research to identify good practice and opportunities. for performance management.
- Contribute to the development and execution of talent management, career progression, and succession planning framework for non-faculty staff.
- Learning & Development
- Collaborate with the team, business and HR colleagues in the organisational learning needs analysis to identify mission critical skills aligned with SMU’s strategy and performance needs.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and management of initiatives in the areas of leadership and talent development, employee development, digital transformation and sustainable workforce capabilities programmes.
- Commission, manage, provide operational support, and evaluate internal or external L&D interventions, in order to ensure cost-effective delivery of agreed learning and organisational development initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of coaching, mentoring and ‘job rotation’ schemes to support staff development, career progression, and the achievement of Individual Development Plans.
- Lead on the development of a staff skills/success profiles, learning, and knowledge database in order to maximise the diverse talents of the organisation and support effective deployment to strengths.
- Design, implement, manage and facilitate in-house learning programmes and workshops.
- Operational Management
- Design, improve, and administer L&OD systems and processes, and budget (where assigned); including maintaining accurate records and reports for decision-making and operational effectiveness.
- Degree qualified, preferably in HR, Psychology or Education, or must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in HR with preferred specialisations/experience in Organisational Development, Learning & Development or Performance & Talent Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of people management theories/ principles, change management and developing organisational culture.
- Preferably have at least 3 years of experience in conducting and analysing organisational audits and assessments [HR-related], learning needs analysis, and competency/skills gap analysis, etc.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; experience of SAP HR, excel dashboards, and reporting tools preferred.
- Familiarity with HRIS tools that support Performance Management and Learning processes/activities; conversant in web-learning technologies, learning management systems, virtual collaboration tools (e.g. Sharepoint, Zoom, MS Teams, etc), and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience in the following areas would be advantageous
- Training, facilitation, and courseware/curriculum development
- Management of 360-degree feedback processes in a multi-cultural and complex environment.
- Designing and implementing digital transformation capabilities framework and plans.
- Effective project management skills; possesses accountability, detail-oriented and results-focussed.
- Excellent ability to identify and diagnose issues/problems, generate ideas and implement solutions to achieve results.
- Able to plan, organise, coordinate, multi-task and prioritise under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communications and collaboration skills to influence and sustain relationships at all levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Strong numeracy and ability to gather, analyse and present quantitative and qualitative data to drive actions.
- Able to present or facilitate confidently.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University