The Art House| Date Posted: 29-Oct-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Business Development
- Develop, implement and regularly review the strategy to maximize revenue generation through proactive venue hiring, function and commercial activities
- Maintain and develop good relationships with existing clients and vendors
- Identify new business opportunities and embark on establishing positive relationships
2. Venue Hire
- Develop and manage all business operations within the venue including venue hires, events and functions, and other arts commercial activities
- Manage contractual negotiations and relationships for venue activities including the venue tenants
- Develop and implement marketing strategies which promote the venue hire offer to the market, take bookings and develop key relationships
- Ensure the events are managed effectively including renting of equipment, food and beverage order from preferred caterers and venue set up
3. Commercial Tenancy
- Lead in the management of all commercial properties across AHL Venues including F&B outlets and office units
- Involved in tender process, inspection of spaces, leasing contract negotiations, contract preparations and relationship management
- Maintain the Venue Hire calendar, hire agreements and communication correspondences with the Hirer
- Liaise with key venue stakeholders on facilities management, security and cleaners
- Communication of venue activity to relevant staff including the Centre Manager and finance
- Diploma/ Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant experience. Previous experience from venue hire or leasing operations.
- Proven experience of successfully planning and delivering corporate/ private events, ideally arts events.
- A creative and target driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Having established and maintained efficient and effective project monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Target driven with proven sales ability.
- A diplomatic person who is confident and effective at dealing with people at all levels.
- Articulate and persuasive speaker and writer.
- A co-operative team player and effective networker who fosters excellent internal and external partnerships and relationships.
- Highly organized and self-motivated person who can efficiently and effectively manage a wide range of tasks and objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks, as directed as well as using own initiative.
- A ‘service driven’ and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Creative person with an interest in arts will be ideal.
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development.
The Art House