Manager, Research - Nanyang Drive
Location : Nanyang Drive
Contract period of 6 months with opportunity to convert to long term contract.
SECTION 1: POSITION DETAILS
Communication & Information
SECTION 2: KEY JOB PURPOSE
Summarize in one statement why the job is needed; and how it contributes to the overall mission / objective of the University.
To manage the daily operations of the WKWSCI Research Office and monitor research ethics implementation.
SECTION 3: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
List the key responsibilities and accountabilities that must be achieved.
- Drafting of research integrity policy and other related guidelines and implementation plan for the School and amend existing policies in accordance to best practices;
- Implementing the Research Integrity policy
- Institutional Research Ethics
- Improving the support infrastructure of the School on matters pertaining to IRB both internal and external.
- Implementing the IRB guidelines on ethics applications submitted at the University and School levels through endorsement of applications at School level and vetting of applications at the University level.
- Monitoring the adherence of the different stakeholders on the IRB policy.
- Reviewing all internal IRB applications of students.
- Reviewing and recommending to the ACR all faculty IRB applications before endorsement.
- Research Ethics Training
- Implementing and monitoring of Epigeum Research Integrity Online Training for students.
- Monitoring the online classes for Research Integrity.
- Conducting IRB-related orientation to FYP students, graduate students and newly-hired faculty.
- Conducting training on IRB policies and system administration to programme administrators.
- Organizing grant writing workshops for research students.
- Strategic Areas and Research Promotion
- Internal Research Culture Promotion
- Promoting the key research areas of the School by creating training opportunities
- Creating a vibrant research environment in the School and promote the strategic areas through the WKWSCI Speaker Series held 3 to 4 times per semester.
- Sourcing for internal and external research speakers for the WKWSCI Speaker Series.
- Managing the creation and revision of publicity materials for Newsletters, Annual Reports, etc.
- Grants Management Support
- Assisting in drafting new policies and guidelines for internal grants.
- Providing secondary support in managing grants applications and post award administration.
- Research Drivers and Productivity
- Analyzing the School’s bibliometric data to gauge School’s research strength against competitors.
- Analyzing publication and grant data for submission to RSO.
- Research Facility Support and Infrastructure Administrator
- Overlooking the Cool Asia facility.
- Overlooking of the research staff welfare.
- Spearheading the design and development of IRIS, the research office intranet.
- Designing system workflows for grant management and IRB applications.
- Conducting evaluation of the systems and provide training for end users.
- University-based Tasks
- Member of Research Integrity Point of Contact (NORIPOC), who deals with research integrity and ethics policies.
- Working committee member for Data Management Plan.
SECTION 4: KEY DECISION/ DIMENSIONS
List the data (in quantifiable amounts) which will reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning the job (e.g. value of projects, budgets, expenditures, no. of direct reports this position is responsible for)
- Review all School-level and University-level IRB applications and recommend to the ACR for his endorsement.
- Review all internal grant applications and determine its merit for funding.
- Number of internal grant applications for review and recommendation for funding.
- Number of School-level IRB applications by students for review.
- Number of University-level IRB applications by faculty for review.
- Number of research talks organised.
- Number of trainings and workshops provided and conducted for faculty and students.
SECTION 5: COMPETENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and Experience (e.g. qualification, years of experience)
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university, a Master’s degree will be a plus (though not required) Salary ranges from $5,000 - $5,500/mth.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience and in the higher education environment
- Proven ability to lead and train a team
- Knowledge on research and grant writing
- Knowledge on educational setting
- Key Competency Requirements
- Optimistic and able to multi-task well.
Business Edge Personnel Services Pte Ltd