Manager (Radio Surveillance and RFI Investigation) - Telecom Regulatory Operation
The Singapore Network Information’s Centre (SGNIC) Pte Ltd is a subsidiary owned by IMDA that is committed to providing Internet registry and information services in an efficient, effective and reliable manner to enhance the security, stability and resiliency of the Internet Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure in Singapore and to foster the integrity and growth of .SG domain names.
The successful applicant will be hired under SGNIC to join the Telecom Regulatory Operation team.
- Conduct Radiofrequency Interference Investigation and provide resolution to resolve RFI for wireless networks, including satellite communications, mobile cellular, radar, wifi, & etc. wireless networks
- Conduct analysis on spectrum requirements of new technologies, study the networks compatibility with existing systems and recommend mitigation measures to ensure harmonised co-existence
- Radio surveillance on the frequency requirements to the public and private radio communication networks
- Monitor the implementation of regional and national spectrum management plans and contribute to the updating of these plans
- Ensure proper national spectrum usage and its compliance with relevant ITU Radio Regulations, Regional and Bilateral agreement
- Conduct periodic audits on spectrum usage and prepare measurement report on a regular basis
- Background in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering or relevant discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of Telecommunications
- Knowledge on wide scope of wireless networks including the operation and characteristics of radio systems
- Good knowledge of the local radio landscape
- Knowledge of fixed radio monitoring system, spectrum analyser and radio radiation tools will be an added advantage
- Experience with mobile cellular network (e.g. 3G/4G), performance monitoring using performance measurement data, and knowhow on drive test tools are an added advantage
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Pro-active, meticulous and responsible self-starter with strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Info-communications Media Development Authority