NTUC Health Co-operative Ltd| Date Posted: 14-Nov-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
The Procurement Manager is accountable for establishing and maintaining procurement processes, policies and practices that contribute to the best outcomes in group purchasing contracts, cost savings and cost avoidance. Accountable for full personnel management of purchasing staff. Work collaboratively with other staff in negotiation of contracts for purchasing goods and services.
- Supports business units strategically through value-add as a business partner by meeting business needs through improved sourcing and supplier relationship management
- Within organization structure, works to identify and implement opportunities for quality improvements and cost savings related to standardisation and utilisation by managing in the selection, evaluation, procurement, monitoring, analysis and implementation of high quality, efficient and cost effective products, services, processes and suppliers
- Facilitates objective decisions regarding the purchase of supplies, services, and equipment by ensuring the appropriate individuals are involved in each stage of the process and that objective decision criteria are developed and utilised in all major contracting decisions and continuously enhance the contract portfolios
- Develops and implements new administrative and internal control policies and procedures as these relate to Materials Management
- Oversees the completion of all appropriate documentation necessary to assure all vendors are compliant with NTUC Health's policies and procedures and to ensure that all vendors recognise all NTUC Health's facilities, including nursing homes and care centres, in the scope of their supply and pricing contracts
- Develops an annual expense reduction plan that identifies, quantifies and schedules areas of focus, targeted pricing levels, standardisation, contracting and utilisation management projects
- Provides periodic reports to all levels of the organisation regarding the status of the expense reduction
- Manages and develops staff regarding product and supplier selection, vendor management, order processing, invoice discrepancy and resolution processes, etc.
- Mentors and develops purchasing staff so that the highest services levels are provided to customer departments and optimal reductions are achieved in the NTUC Health's cost structure
- Monitors staff performance and gives objective counseling. Also insures prompt evaluations of all staff members are completed using approved job descriptions and the guidelines of policy.
- Prioritizes and manages work assignments related to all improvement initiatives so that all projects are completed on time with optimal results
- Degree in Business / Purchasing & Logistics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in health and community care
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiations, vendor management and group purchasing
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyse information and formulate effective plans for using information and achieving outcomes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a high degree of professionalism and personal presence
- Solutions-oriented mindset and sound decision making rationale
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within tight timelines and has high stress tolerance
- Good planning skills to maximise output of resources allocated
- Proven leadership and team management competencies
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE WILL BE NOTIFIED