PEC Ltd| Date Posted: 20-Sep-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve the overall business objectives of the Projects/Construction Section.
- Together with the Manager, Marketing & Proposal focal point define pricing strategies based on market intelligence and competitor knowledge, understanding of cost elements, and past project reference data.
- Coordinate the projects Tendering and Proposal, Procurement and inventory function of constituent units so that their collective performance will achieve the business objectives of the section.
- Together with all the Unit Heads, develop detailed business plans to maximize available materials, human resources, and existing structure and processes based on the formulated business objectives.
- To implement the business plans ensuring that they are executed effectively and that continuous efforts are being made to refine and improve the business activities.
- Monitor the Section’s budgeted expenditure and take corrective actions to avoid over-running the allocated budget.
- Implement the work breakdown structure based on the approved job number convention.
- Improve the work flows and processes of reporting Units to ensure that efficiency and productivity are maximized.
- Chair the weekly coordination meetings with various disciplines to review operational efficiencies deliverable, Quality, lead-time and safety compliance/requirements. Construction and logistics complexities; detailed project execution progress status such as Planned vs Actual, Contingency plan if any.
- Together with the head of procurement and inventory unit, formalize purchasing and inventory management policies and systems.
- Ensures adherence to adequate procedures for project control, progress measurement and quality assurance as laid down in the project execution and quality plan.
- Approve design changes and contract variations.
- Ensure that various disciplines (including quality and safety personnel) are carrying out each tasks and test/inspection in accordance with specification and standards as per the contractual requirements.
- Review, approve and submit the monthly progress billing to clients.
- Participate in HSSE plan development during preparation phase and provide HSE support during execution to ensure Safe, Smooth and Efficient delivery.
- To manage and coordinate interfaces between disciplines, Operations, Technical, E/I, Civil, Inspection, 3rd parties, Specialist services.
- To engage employees at all levels in exposure reduction through identifying and removing or controlling hazards in the working interface.
- Promote a healthy and safe environment to achieve an accident-free record besides meeting all mandatory and legal requirements as required by laws.
- Plan skills training and development programs to leverage the knowledge and competencies of subordinates and sub-contractors, and ensure that they are adequately qualified for their respective work disciplines:
- For HSSE: CSOC, OPSOC, working-at-height, Confined Space Operations, Safety Management System etc.
- For Generic Skills: Quality Assurance, Work Planning, Permitting etc.
- For Functional skills: Mechanical, Civil, E/I etc.
- Ensure that all outstanding financial matters with vendors and clients are settled and vendor’s commitments are passed on to the client.
- Preparation/submit of project close-out report.
- Ensure final acceptance of the project by the client in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Able to lead a project construction team of engineers, QAC inspectors, Safety personnel for any overseas assignment.
- Ensure that daily allocation of manpower and equipment are correct in WRIS vs TMIS.
- Perform any other specific duty or assignment as required by immediate superior/higher management.
Qualification & Experience Generally Required
- Diploma/ Degree in Mechanical/Civil/Chemical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experiences in managing projects in the Oil Refinery/Petrochemical industries.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Good communication skills interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Good presentation skills, capable of presenting the company to external entities.
- Preferable have knowledge and if possible application of planning tools such as SAP, Primavera P6/3, MS-Project, Excel and Access are an added advantage.