Manager, Procurement and Contracts Management, OCIS
- This position is for Office of Campus Infrastructure and Services (OCIS).
- Undertake day-to-day Contracts Management and/or Project Management of new construction, A&A/improvement projects and Facilities Management.
- Assist project managers in contractual and costing matters and ensure compliance with appropriate tendering and procurement procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation of tender documents and procurement management framework.
- Undertake tender and procurement administration of consultants and contractors through QFM and PQM tenders as well as through quotation exercises.
- Evaluate, process and put up recommendations for the acceptance of tenders, quotations, variation orders, payment of consultants’ fees, contractors’ progress payment and final accounts.
- Manage resolution of contractual claims of a wide variety of projects from pre-tender to post-contract stages and implementation of cost control measures.
- Represent the institute during progress and technical discussions/meetings with project’s consultant team.
- Assist in the conduct of technical reviews of consultant’s proposals to ensure designs are optimal, fit-for-purpose, within the approved budget and that they meet the goals and aspirations of the institute.
- Track construction progress and project expenditure to ensure project is completed within budget and on schedule.
- Assist to conduct research into new and innovative designs.
- Analyze the impact of new statutory requirements on projects.
- Explore and implement innovative solutions and best practices on procurement; contract strategy and related functions.
- Degree in Building or Quantity Surveying, Construction/Project Management or other building/facilities management related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on, relevant experience in the Singapore building industry, preferably in both the private and public sectors.
- Performed the role of a consultant or a developer/owner’s representative or both.
- Experience in projects, facilities management & contracts management; procurement methodologies and evaluation of construction cost norms.
- Ability to innovate and provide value-add in campus development matters.
- Good communications (both written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational, analytical skills and a team player.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University