Manager, Outreach & Alumni Affairs, School of Social Sciences
Singapore Management University| Date Posted: 17-Jun-2020
Bachelor's / Honours
- Undergraduate Outreach:
- Represent the School of Social Sciences (SOSS) for student recruitment activities such as external outreach talks, campus visits, and higher education fairs.
- Work closely with Pre-University institution teachers and education counselors to identify opportunities for collaboration that will increase the brand awareness of SOSS.
- Organize major admissions events for SOSS such as Open House, Discovery Day, Admissions Tea, etc.
- Recruit and supervise a group of student ambassadors who will participate in outreach activities and organize the annual Social Sciences Immersion Camp for Pre-University students.
- Coordinate outreach activities with Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Assistance (OUAFA) and other internal departments.
- Alumni Affairs and Fundraising:
- Plan and organize various alumni events for SOSS such as alumni reunions, networking events, professional development workshops, and leisure activities.
- Collaborate with the Office of Alumni Relations to brainstorm new ideas for increasing the level of alumni engagement with the school and enhancing the experience of our alumni.
- Maintain and oversee the accuracy, integrity and currency of SOSS alumni database.
- Collaborate with the Office of Advancement to identify new opportunities for donor awards and scholarships for SOSS.
- Marketing Communications:
- Contribute to the conceptualization and production of SOSS’ marketing collaterals such as print publications, direct mailers, website material, electronic communications, and corporate videos.
- Served as the Content Manager for the SOSS blog, which includes the overall planning, scheduling, curating, and generation of weekly online content to effectively position the school among its key stakeholders.
- Oversee the SOSS Website.
- Student Support Services:
- Serve as Coordinator of the SOSS Peer Tutoring Programme, which includes the recruitment and supervision of peer tutors and the monitoring of enrolled students within the programme every semester.
- Degree with at least 4 to 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to work independently with initiative and drive.
- Meticulous and ability to multi-task.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good public speaking skill is essential.
- Good organizing skills.
- IT savvy and well-versed in social media platforms.
Singapore Management University