Manager, Office of Student Life
- Management of SMU Sports and Adventure Clubs
- Oversee, mentor and guide the student leaders of the various SMU Sports and Adventure clubs in the development and implementation of strategic goals in support of SMU Vision 2025.
- Oversee, mentor and guide student leaders in the areas of club governance, finance and branding to establish credible student-led Sports and Adventure clubs in SMU.
- Guide and support student leaders in the area of risk assessment in collaboration with the SMU Office of Safety and Security.
- Facilitate the SMU Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs) at a personal and group level using the Reflective Practise Unit (RPU) as a guide pre, during and post-Sports and Adventure events/activities.
- Discover and nurture student leaders through out-of-the-classroom programmes / event / activities
- Develop and conduct regular reviews and assessments of student activities and programmes, including evaluation of the performance of sports clubs.
- Oversee and guide student leaders in the conceptualization, operations and technical aspects of students-led events and activities.
- Mentor and facilitate the delivery of the SMU GLOs through the events and activities organized by student clubs.
- Assist in the coordination, formulation and periodic review towards the delivery of SMU GLOs through appropriate student leadership developmental programmes with internal offices and external agencies/organizations.
- Management of SMU Sports Facilities – SMU Gym and/or SMU Swimming Pool
- Manage and work with gym/pool vendor(s) to ensure safe and efficient operations are conducted at the facility/facilities.
- In charge of recruitment, training and supervising of gym/pool staff.
- Organise and deliver appropriate range of fitness activities and programmes.
- Maintain statistical and financial related records/transactions.
- Oversee the maintenance/replacement of equipment.
- Oversee the maintaining/improvement of users service standards.
- Ensuring users compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Drive the promotion and marketing of gym/pool related initiatives.
- Manage enquiries, complaints and emergencies.
- Contribute to the efficient operations and reputation of the Sports and Adventure cluster
- Contribute relevant expertise and experience to the cluster’s aggregate competencies in Sports and Adventure leadership development.
- Coordinate programmes / events / activities budget at the cluster level.
- Manage student clubs and Sports and Adventure cluster’s administrative functions as assigned.
- Manage working relationships with other units, offices and external parties to the highest degree of professionalism.
- Any other roles and responsibilities as assigned by RO (Reporting Officer).
- University degree in any field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a role working on student leadership development programmes.
- Experience in the management of sporting venues will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated with strong inter-personal and problem-solving skills.
- Facilitation skills and knowledge of assessment of learning outcomes will be a key advantage.
- Possess strong organizing, coordinating and administrative capabilities.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to guide, influence and be assertive where necessary.
- Meticulous and able to meet short deadlines effectively.
- Broad as well as in-depth knowledge of leadership profiles / styles / theories.
- Experienced in managing major student events.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring students.
- Good financial accounting abilities.
- Able to conduct training programmes e.g. basic facilitation and leadership development skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University