Manager - Network Architect
Manager – Network Architect
You will be part of the team to conceptualise, architect and initiate greenfield cybersecurity projects, assess security risks and define security architecture for next-generation infocomm technologies, and develop niche cybersecurity tech capabilities for the ICM sectors. You will work closely with other cybersecurity and resilience teams in IMDA to contribute towards the building of secure and trusted infrastructure in the ICM sectors that is resilient against prevailing and future cyber threats.
The successful candidate shall be responsible, among others, to:
- Conceptualise, plan, execute and manage new cybersecurity programs or initiatives for the infocomm and media sectors.
- Architect, develop and operationalise ICT systems and infrastructure supporting the new initiatives.
- Manage the development of network emulation platforms for the telecommunication infrastructure to identify security risks and to conduct security testing, cyber range and security training.
- Explore innovative and cutting-edge technologies that could improve the efficiency and effectiveness of securing the ICT systems and infrastructure in the infocomm and media sectors.
- Perform cyber threat profiling, risk analysis and research into vulnerabilities in the infocomm and media sectors, and explore suitable strategies for securing the ICT systems and infrastructure for the sectors.
- Engage industry stakeholders to evaluate their infrastructure and identify areas for improvement.
- Engage and obtain buy-in and collaboration from industry stakeholders.
- Background in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Computer Networking / Information Systems or equivalent, with certifications in computer networking (e.g. CCIE, CCNP).
- Good knowledge of end-to-end telecommunication network architecture for wireless, mobile and/or fixed-line networks, including physical and software-defined networking domains.
- Demonstration of domain expertise and experience in the following areas will have an added advantage:
- Next Generation Network Security (e.g. SDWAN)
- Security Orchestration, Automation and Response
- Cloud Platform Security
- Embedded, Control and IoT Device Security
- At least 6 years of working experience, with minimally 3 years in planning, architecting or managing telecommunication networks or complex ICT system infrastructure. Candidates with more years of experience may qualify for senior positions.
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas will have an added advantage: Cyber Security (e.g. CISSP, GSEC, ISMS), Security Risk Analysis.
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux operating environment is preferred.
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and independent in continually improving and advancing own knowledge and skills, with strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Plugged-in to the latest technology and security developments for the telecommunication sector.
- Willingness to delve into administrative, legislative, technical, research and development works.
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Info-communications Media Development Authority