Manager (infocomm Technology)
The Manager (Information Technology) has the primary responsibility to build capacity for the future through the management of technology platforms, including business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, and technology-related risk management for a 150-user performing arts company. The individual will partner with the Company's performing groups to identify IT and digital opportunities, develop IT business plans, and oversee implementation of platforms.
• IT operations and vendor service and support management: This is an individual contributor role that oversees third-party providers and vendors for various IT support functions. The role requires proactive consultation with other departments and different stakeholders including musicians and external consultants. The role is the primary strategic IT point of contact and advisor for heads of department.
• Lead business technology strategy: Work closely with the management team to determine goals and budgets for the design and implementation of the annual & multi-year Business IT plan that allows the Company to achieve its corporate strategies. Responsible for recommending IT solutions and overseeing successful introduction & implementation of recommendation. Articulate & discuss ideas and persuade others to achieve common outcomes. Choose a course of action from various alternatives using a reasoned process to solve IT-related challenges.
• Synchronise existing and future IT systems: Align and streamline existing IT systems and policies with the new strategy. Continue to ensure high standards of IT serviceability for planning and administration. Explore the need for any upgrades and improvements to existing information systems and follow-through to implementation if the need is established. Guide the final decisions on the technology solution for business implementation.
• Analyse and report: Perform or obtain business analysis and provide quarterly reports on IT strategy and implementation, and on occasion, present strategy to the Board and management team members.
• Other responsibilities: Partner with HR to focus on people and career development of peers in their IT skills, knowledge and awareness. Coordinate with Finance on budget and company policy requirements. Provide an inclusive workplace that cultivates workplace relationships & teamwork, and foster the development of others. Regularly and proactively communicate and update other departments on activities and plans. Assist the company with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer field
- Three to five years of IT work experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Product like SharePoint Online and Teams
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures
- Good working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Team player able to work well with a variety of personalities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
This is a local position. Applicants who fulfill most and not all of the requirements will also be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Singapore Symphony Group