Manager, Hotel Analytics
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 24-Apr-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Partner with other Hotel Analysts and the Operational Analysis team to provide information and insights to make timely decisions, benchmark, and improve service, efficiency effectiveness, and the work environment.
- Work directly with senior operational leaders to develop relevant key metrics, scorecards and process and so as to drive initiatives that increase and optimize business performance across the various units in Hotel, Food and Beverage, and related operations
- Serve as mentor and coach to junior resources
- Apply analytical skills to explore complex datasets to aid in knowledge discovery and predictive modeling activities
- Required to work on projects dealing with financial and business assessments of potential strategic initiatives, process improvements, and other ad hoc projects.
- Establish close partnership with all stakeholders, to intimately understand their operations and needs through close observation, and assess how to develop relevant reports/analysis.
- Partner with stakeholders to increase their performance as it relates to strengthening brand, improving financial performance, driving staff engagement, and providing outstanding service.
- Develop and maintain automated BI dashboards and demand forecasting models for different business units.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends related to analytics, statistical computing/machine learning, business intelligence and data visualization.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Analytics or Engineering with depth of knowledge in data-intensive roles
- Experience in senior analyst / manager position or the equivalent.
- Proven experience in business planning, analytics, or supply chain management and across multiple lines of business and locations.
- Preferably possess relevant certification or experience in process improvement, Lean or Six Sigma.
- Preferably comfortable with Statistics and Probability models, working experience in big data analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge with MS Excel, Excel VBA and PowerPoint, experience in any programming language, simulation software, and data analytics software is highly desired.
- Proficiency in R or Python, able to develop end-to-end dashboards from backend database setup using SQL to frontend UI rending using Spotfire/Tableau.
- Experience with analytical frameworks and languages such as SPARK, Tensorflow and Keras.
- Familiar with mainstream statistical modelling and machine learning concepts and techniques, experience in deploying forecasting models in production preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in an efficient/timely manner.
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd