Manager - Group Finance
Cycle & Carriage Singapore | Date Posted: 14-Jan-2019
Bachelor's / Honours
Joining JC&C is a distinctive opportunity to develop your career within a successful organization where everyone respects each other and enjoys working together. We recognize your performance in both tangible and intangible ways, by providing you development opportunities and making you feel respected.
People are our driving strength of the company's success, which is rooted in the expertise, passion and dedication of our people. This is motivated by the desire to deliver excellence in customer service and product innovation.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager - Group Finance, you will be responsible for the treasury management and reporting of the JC&C head office, as well as be in charge of a portfolio of companies for review and analysis of performance. Your core responsibilities will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Manage bank relationships and the day-to-day treasury functions of JC&C head office, including cash flow, capital and financial risk management covering FX, funding, liquidity and interest rates, in accordance with Group treasury policies and procedures
- Support and advise operating units in Singapore, Malaysia and Myanmar on treasury transactions in accordance with Group treasury policies and procedures
- Implement best practices in treasury management
- Report required information to Group treasury on a timely basis
- Assist in the preparation of SGX announcements relating to Group acquisitions/disposals
- Review and analyse monthly, quarterly and yearly performance of companies in charge of and prepare relevant reports, providing reasons for variances against budget and prior periods
- Review and analyse forecasts, budget and operating plan and prepare relevant reports
- Provide guidance on accounting standards (IFRS) adopted by the Group to companies in charge of
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and other initiatives, including the preparation of annual report and analysts' presentation materials
Do you have the following requirements?
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent e.g. ACCA
- Additional treasury qualifications, such as ACT will be an advantage
- At least 5 years of working experience in audit and operations/Group reporting, treasury in a listed company
- Fast learner, ability to work independently and within given deadlines
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong in MS Office application, specifically in MS Excel skills
About the Company
Jardine Cycle & Carriage ("JC&C") is a leading Singapore-listed company and a member of the Jardine Matheson Group. It has an interest of just over 50% in Astra International ("Astra"), a premier listed Indonesian conglomerate, as well as Direct Motor Interests and Other Interests in Southeast Asia. Together with its subsidiaries and associates, JC&C employs more than 250,000 people across Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Myanmar.
JC&C's Direct Motor Interests (DMI) operates in Singapore, Malaysia and Myanmar under the Cycle & Carriage banner, and through Tunas Ridean in Indonesia and Truong Hai Auto Corporation in Vietnam, representing brands including Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Kia. As the largest automotive dealer group in ASEAN, we are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in this fast-changing industry.
We have a constant mission to strive towards being an Employer of Choice in the countries we operate in. Some of our better performing countries have consistently being recognised for commendable people practices such as:
- HR Asia's Best Companies to Work for consecutively for 4 years from 2015 to 2018;
- Finalist in HR Excellence Awards 2016 for Recruitment and Leadership Development.
- Winner of Innovative Talent Acquisition Strategy Award in the Annual Jardine Matheson HR Conference 2016
- Winner of Excellence In Innovative Use of HR Technology in HR Excellence Awards 2017
- Merit for Singapore Health Award as awarded by Health Promotion Board
- The most recent accolades achieved during the Annual Jardine Matheson HR Conference 2017, where we clinch the Best Employer Brand, Best Work-Life Balance and Best HR Team Awards.
The emphasis on employee experience has been on the forefront of the JC&C's people practices. Keen for a career conversation? Connect with us to find out more.
(You would be notified if you are shortlisted. By submitting your application, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data contained in this document by Jardine Cycle & Carriage and / or Cycle & Carriage Singapore, for assessing your career application).