Manager, Group Credit & Risk Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Groupâ€™s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
- Generating trading risk reports timely and accurately
- Daily analysing and reporting of market risk positions, exposures and sensitivities, as well as limit monitoring.
- Follow market news, trends and movements and able to highlight key risk positions or drivers.
- Prepares VaR / Expected Shortfall and Stress reports and write commentary on day-on-day movements for key stakeholders such as trading desks and Management.
- Works with Front Office, Business Management Support, Product Control and IT, while supporting any ad-hoc market risk project.
- End of day market data collection and generating of risk factors to provide input into market risk system for generation of VaR / Expected Shortfall
- Prepares monthly regulatory reporting for trading book
- Assist in review of market risk limits and mandates by providing time series of risks utilisations for Group, Head Office and overseas centres.
- Participate in projects (i.e. Murex, BCBS 239 and/or ad hoc market risk projects where assigned), process changes and department initiatives.
- Assist in reviewing new Treasury products or product variation and address risk concerns before signing off product launch.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Statistics with strong interest in market risk management are welcomed to apply.
- The ideal candidate has at least three (3) years of market risk related experience.
- Detailed and meticulous qualities are essential.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines and drive initiatives to completion effectively.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required. Knowledge of VBA and Access is preferred.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)