Manager, Data Engineer (Audit)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 29-Nov-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Manager, Data Engineer (Audit) are to:
- Further enhance the Audit Data Analytics function to support the audit team in incorporating data analytics into all Compliance and Operational audits within the departmental and professional standards and established timeframes.
- To assess and provide insights to risk trends across all business lines and processes at the Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resorts.
- Create structured insights and analysis to pinpoint areas of unnecessary or inappropriate spend, areas of potential fraud and abuse
- Promote opportunities for advanced data analytics, robotic process automation and AI.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects under the direction of the Executive Director, Audit Services Group to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Enhance the infrastructure to pull and review large volumes of data, normalizing, cleansing and conducting analysis. Responsibilities include engagement planning and data analytics, and close coordination with process owners and IT.
- Perform extensive data analytics and AI procedures and be able to identify red flags.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining adequate controls through robotic process automation.
- Assists the Director from Audit Services, in Las Vegas, with the short-term and long-term vision of Data Analytics globally for audit including tools, resources and training.
- Examine transactions, documents, records, reports, and procedures; prepare audit work papers recording and summarizing data pertinent to assigned audits.
- Demonstrate teamwork by responsively cooperating with other engagement team members, sharing information and ideas, accepting constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Communicate appropriately to process owners and management during and at the conclusion of fieldwork with regard to audit findings.
- Prepare and present formal written reports that clearly communicate the results of our audits, which include making recommendations to management on enhancing their processes.
- Maintain excellent management client relations while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations to management clients. Assist other internal auditors in maintaining excellent management client relationships.
- Lead, participate in, and monitor work assignments to ensure timely completion of project; conducts thorough review of work papers and report drafts prior to submission to department management.
- Perform follow up procedures to assess that agreed upon action plans have been implemented by management.
- Assist with training, development, and evaluation of staff members in data analytics, compliance audits, techniques, organizational issues, and departmental procedures and protocols.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Assist in the daily activities of the department including review of audit specific planning memoranda, work programs, audit working papers and reports. Ensure that the scope and risks are fully addressed within budgeted hours and that work is performed in accordance with professional and department standards.
- Continue professional development through membership and participation in professional associations, development and presentation of in-house training programs, and continuing professional education.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a data scientist or in advance analytics.
- Experience building DA infrastructure.
- Strong SQL programming skills are required and experience in other programming languages preferred (i.e. R).
- Expertise in the use of visualization tools, e.g. PowerBI / Spotfire required.
- Able to work independently with large and multiple data sets from various business processes and systems, to support the business in achieving strategic objectives
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, good organizational, interpersonal, and team skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Certification (or in the process of attaining) in at least one area (e.g., CIA, CISA, or CPA) is desired.