Manager, Data Engineer (Audit)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 27-May-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Manager, Data Engineer are to:
- Manage reliable ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes to ingest data from different data sources
- Enhance the data analytics infrastructure to pull and review large volumes of data, normalizing, cleansing and conducting analysis to ensure accurate, reliable delivery of key insights.
- Maintain and manage the huge amounts of data in order to deliver up-to-date-metrics.
- Set up the data access security to allow audit team to access the data.
- Promote opportunities for advanced data analytics, robotic process automation and AI.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining adequate controls through robotic process automation.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects under the direction of the Executive Director, Audit Services Group to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Assists the Director from Audit Services, in Las Vegas, with the short-term and long-term vision of Data Analytics globally for ASG including tools, resources and training.
- Demonstrate teamwork by responsively cooperating with other engagement team members, sharing information and ideas, accepting constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate. Responsibilities also include engagement planning, data analytics, and close coordination with process owners and IT
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering is required.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience handling huge data sets and working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience with Data Analytics Infrastructure.
- Able to work independently with large and multiple data sets from various business processes and systems, to support the business in achieving strategic objectives
- Strong SQL programming skills are required and experience in other programming languages preferred (i.e. R).
- Expertise in the use of visualization tools, e.g. PowerBI / Spotfire required.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, good organizational, interpersonal, and team skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Certification (or in the process of attaining) in at least one area (e.g., CIA, CISA, or CPA) is desired.