Manager, Contracts and Services
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Procurement (Development, Program Management and Design - Contracts) is to work with MBSâ€™s DPMD departments, to define, competitively bid, negotiate and award best in class consultancy, A&A works and Contract Administration on the awarded Vendors in support of the organizationâ€™s projects globally. The Manager will be responsible for managing multiple types of procurement requisitions and orders and contracts
- Support Senior Project Manager(s) in relation to the development and implementation of a contract management program for the project consistent with the Companyâ€™s contracts management policies and work processes, procedures and systems.
- Perform contract management activities for specific projects.
- Provide both general and direct supervision to contract management personnel assigned to the projects under his/her purview.
- Ensure that the project set up documents such as Contract Strategic Execution Plan, Procedures, commercial documents and template forms are used.
- Apply extensive and diversified knowledge of contract management practices and principles in work assignments.
- Carry out and perform contract management activities including, but not limited to, Request For Proposals, scope of work, execution, construction contracts, claims and project close-out for the projects under his/her purview.
- Assist in the development and formulation of contractual scopes of work (in coordination with the various design disciplines).
- Perform contract management function in conferences to resolve issues and plan and coordinate work.
- Prepare / review bid evaluation, conditioning and negotiation including terms and conditions.
- Compile contracts in accordance with the business unitsâ€™ specifications and standards.
- Be primarily responsible for ensuring effective administration and management of specific project contracts which shall be managed through meetings\conversations, correspondence, notices, change directives, etc. The duties also include being responsible for maintaining a thorough, contemporaneous, record related to specific contracts.
- Ensure that specific project post-award contract documents are electronically tracked and records are in order.
- Ensure that all consultant / contractorâ€™s contracts / insurances are in place prior to start of work.
- This includes any contractual deliverables that are required prior to commencement of work. (i.e. Bonds, Insurances, Environmental, Health, and Safety Plan, QA/QC Plan, and any other technical & commercial submittals).
- Be Responsible for preparation and control of all formal contractual correspondence related to specific projects.
- Ensure that consultantsâ€™ / contractorsâ€™ performance is monitored by various members of the Project Site team with each personâ€™s involvement serving a different purpose. The main overall purpose of monitoring is to ensure that the consultantsâ€™ and contractorsâ€™ deliverables / performance and staffing are consistent with the Contracts as required for the particular project.
- Monitor the retention of each projectâ€™s contractual contemporaneous records and check that correspondence, instructions and communications are crafted in accordance with the contract terms and issued within the prescribed time limitations.
- Ensure that Change Management, Claims prevention and Claim recovery is completed. (I.e. pricing of changes and reviewing consultant/contractor change requests for merit and entitlement)
- Assess invoicing and payments to consultants and contractors.
In addition to raising order and negotiating contracts, the Manager is expected to perform the following tasks:
- understand legal contracts and negotiate best-in-class terms;
- have knowledge of interior design phases and construction / fitout methodology;
- champion the development of best-in-class contract templates for select commodities;
- selection of suitable suppliers and comprehensive supply base management;
- negotiations to ensure best-in-class pricing;
- ensure competitive pricing with strategic service providers and establish master agreements where appropriate;
- analysis of total cost of ownership;
- summary of procurement recommendation;
- supplier follow-up;
- monthly management reporting;
- updating weekly project tracker;
- knowledge of architectural specification and ability to understand project plans;
- knowledge of building materials and their limitations;
- knowledge of construction progression and the interrelations of various phases;
- knowledge of the key requirements of local and national building codes;
- ability to work with cross-functional teams and contractors to host value-engineering exercises;
- ability to put together comprehensive bid document including statements or work;
- ability to demonstrate value-added services throughout the contract administration period (from award through closeout);
- cross-functional department involvement and close cooperation with Design, Construction, Legal, Compliance, Finance and Procurement itself;
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MBSâ€™s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Minimum B.Sc degree required in construction management, quantity surveying, law, or engineering (or an equivalent experience).
- Minimum 7 yearsâ€™ experience in purchase requisition and orders, contract management, quantity surveying and/or construction management or a related field.
- Ability to perform complex analysis for supplier and material contracts, develop long range commodity plans, streamline operational procedures, perform continuous improvement activities, and present project reports to senior management.
- Knowledge of financial and cost management, contract management, and spreadsheet analysis.
- Have experience in SAP and ARIBA would be added advantage
- Skills with Microsoft Office suite and spreadsheets are essential.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with management, team members, and suppliers while working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Frequent travel including overseas travel may be required