Manager - Contract Logistics/SCM, Operations
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 11-Jan-2021
Manager, Senior Manager
'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Lead a team of subordinates to manage daily logistics operations and distribution system in the aspect of people, process, system, service quality, resources optimization, cost management and related planning.
- Ensure all goods in the warehouse are properly collected, received, handled, accurately sorted, identified, value-added, transferred and dispatched; goods / order information capture are fully performed accurately and timely as per agreed SOP and KPI.
- Keep track and ensure that the irregularities or non-conformance shipment return to/ from customer, express company, forwarder or other subcontractors are handled properly and timely.
- Constantly look for improvement opportunities along the value chain, to streamline and re-engine the processes to achieve or exceed the service standard or target.
- Enforce security and work safety measures and controls in the warehouse.
- Monitor the departmental budgetary control and allocation of resources and ensure optimal resources are utilized in terms of facilities, system application, people and related information data.
- Provide on-the-job training to individual staff to improve work performance and productivity.
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in Logistics Management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in 3PL operations in which 2 years in managerial capacity.
- Computer literate including WMS and Oracle preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken of English.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of logistics operations and account management.
- Critical and analytical skills, background in Quality is good to have.
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd