Manager, Business Support Securities, Private Bank
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
- Degree/Diploma in Business, Banking/Finance, Accounting, or progress towards degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 year of operations experience in securities settlement with product and settlement experience covering Exchange Traded instruments, Fixed Income, Structured Notes, Unit Trust, FX and Derivatives.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communication and analytical skills; with demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
About the Department
UOB Private Bank is dedicated to managing the wealth of high-net-worth individuals with investment assets of $5 million and above. Keeping in mind our clients’ financial objectives, we provide tailored products and solutions that draw on the Group’s comprehensive suite of personal, business and investment services.
The successful candidate will be part of the Private Bank Middle Office Security Settlement team providing middle office trade settlement support for security transactions and all other settlement related activities.
These activities include:
- Liaison with Back Office and counter parties to ensure accurate and timely settlement of security transactions.
- Validate security transactions in PB system prior to instructing processing units.
- Communicate settlement discrepancies/exceptions to Front Office, Back Office and relevant parties including providing instructions and guidance on proper resolution of issue.
- Reconcile cash and security positions with internal and external counter parties on a daily basis and ensure timely resolution of any discrepancy.
- Providing support for opening of accounts, both internal and external, to facilitate settlements.
- Dissemination of corporate action notifications from custodians and ensuring timely receipt of response from Front Office.
- Coordinating with internal and external parties to process client’s portfolio transfer instructions involving different asset classes.
- Maintenance of static data of securities in PB system
- Providing assistance and advice on security settlement subject matters.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)