Manager, Business Support, Securities, 1 Year Direct Contract, Private Bank
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of the Private Bank Middle Office Security Settlement team providing middle office trade settlement support for security transactions and all other settlement related activities.
These activities include:
- Liaison with Back Office and counter parties to ensure accurate and timely settlement of security transactions.
- Validate security transactions in PB system prior to instructing processing units.
- Communicate settlement discrepancies/exceptions to Front Office, Back Office and relevant parties including providing instructions and guidance on proper resolution of issue.
- Reconcile cash and security positions with internal and external counter parties on a daily basis and ensure timely resolution of any discrepancy.
- Providing support for opening of accounts, both internal and external, to facilitate settlements.
- Dissemination of corporate action notifications from custodians and ensuring timely receipt of response from Front Office.
- Coordinating with internal and external parties to process client’s portfolio transfer instructions involving different asset classes.
- Processing periodical fee collection from clients’ portfolio.
- Providing assistance and advice on security settlement subject matters.
- Degree/Diploma in Business, Banking/Finance, Accounting, or progress towards degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 year of operations experience in securities settlement with product and settlement experience covering Exchange Traded instruments, Fixed Income, Structured Notes, Unit Trust, FX and Derivatives.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communication and analytical skills; with demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, especially ExcelBe a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)