Manager, Business Development (3-year contract), SMU Academy
- Support the Senior Manager, Business Development and the Associate Director (Head SOBI) in the development of effective marketing strategies, through knowledge of competitive intensity, accurate identification of target programme profiles (tpp), customer discovery and beachhead markets, amongst others, to overcome market entry challenges for programmes.
- Actively engage the marketplace to network and identify potential trainers with both industry-leading and teaching experience to deliver and conduct the potential programmes identified.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to design, develop and implement effective outreach efforts to actualize training places leveraging on existing Academy’s resources. This will include identification and setting up new and effective marketing channels through partnerships with corporations, associations, marketing partners and other relevant agencies.
- Support Academy’s operations team in the effective pilot launch of all new programmes under the SOBI Pillar. This includes ensuring that these new programmes are well planned ahead of time and resourced, purchase of training materials, venue booking, client co-ordination on payments, trainers’ remuneration, sending out of admin details, payment collection, amongst others are well coordinated.
- Actively manage the feedback (verbal and written) from these pilot runs to ensure they are addressed effectively in the subsequent runs of the programmes.
- Any other ad-hoc operational and administrative matters that may arise from time to time depending on the business demands.
- Degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Resourceful and have good market networks
- Experience in any business set-ups and business development
- Strong on strategy, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess high level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management and organisational skills
- Independent worker and a team player
- Able to work collaboratively with others
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University