Manager, Business Compliance Officer, 1 Year Direct Contract, Group Retail
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Compliance function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in todayâ€™s tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. To do that, we work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.
The successful candidate will be part of the Business Compliance specialist team residing in the Retail Segment in Personal Financial Services, UOB Singapore.Â You are expected to be familiar with the rules and regulations relevant to consumer banking, in particular on regulatory requirements relating to Financial Advisory Industry Review â€“ Balanced Scorecard.Â You will be involved in the preparation and execution of the review and testing on the various activities stipulated under the Balanced Scorecard requirements. Additionally, you will be involved in the preparation of periodic compliance returns and internal risk reporting.
- Assisting to develop sales assurance controls and coordinating implementation by the respective business/support functions.
- Performing periodic review & testing on key activities undertaken by the various units to ensure compliance/adherence with internal controls and regulatory requirements and ensuring that the review & testing process is robust. Reporting findings, recommending corrective actions and preparing trend analysis for management review.
- Recognized degree in Business, Finance, Accountancy
- At least 1 to 3 years of related working experience in a Retail Bank environment, preferably in the areas of business compliance and regulatory audit
- Prior experience in operational risk management within business units or internal / external audit is welcome
- Good understanding of the regulations applicable to Retail Banking would be an advantage (e.g. Financial Adviser Act, Securities and Futures Act)
- Candidates who have a strong regulatory background, compliance audit background or are currently in a business support role in the personal Wealth Management areas (e.g. insurance/ investment sales) would also be considered
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Creative, resourceful, meticulous, analytical and able to work independently with good excel and report writing skills
- Self-driven and a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)