Manager/Assistant VP, HR Business Partner (Consumer Banking Group), Group Human Resources
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Human Resources function balances organisational aspirations and employee needs, as we accelerate and strengthen people capabilities to enable sustainable business growth at UOB. Our team of Human Resources specialists are guided by four employee commitments: do what is right, build meaningful careers, make a real difference and lead by positive example.Job Responsibilities
You will partner Group Retail line management and provide daily HR guidance, understand business priorities and assess HR needs and drive initiatives in support of business priorities. You will also provide support to the Retail HR Business Partners in managing a variety of HR administrative activities and, under their supervision, you will liaise with managers and employees to provide HR services and advice. You will work with multiple teams within Group HR to deliver HR services to the Retail Banking Business.
Roles & responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities will include (but will not necessarily be limited to) the following:
- Plays the vital role of providing HR guidance and support to the business on a wide range of HR programmes and processes.
- Assist HR Business Partners with preparation of annual HR processes and reviews, for example, the Annual Performance Management, Salary & Bonus Review exercise.
- Prepare regular reports for regulatory or business use, requiring proficiency in excel as well as some basic report analyses.
- Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in HR systems in a timely manner. When needed, assist in providing employee related data / information to other HR partners.
- Assist to update and manage employee’s enquiries regarding their benefits programmes, such as transport allowances, claim resolutions and reconciling benefits entitlements. Elevate issues to relevant subject matter experts where necessary.
- Work with line managers to update or create Job Descriptions, follow-up with HR Talent Acquisition and Shared Services teams on candidates’ join dates, and work pass applications where applicable.
- Process resignation forms, exit interviews, claw-back of training bonds and transfer cases.
- Attend to general enquiries on HR policies, programmes and processes, escalate where needed.
- Contribute in other ad-hoc project work / events or HR administration tasks with agreed scope and timelines.
- Graduate with Bachelor Degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience
- Organised and pro-active. Takes initiative and has ability to work at pace and juggle a varied workload, effectively balancing priorities and deadlines.
- Digitally fluent and attention to detail, able to manage HR systems, use MS Office with ease.
- Work well in a team and build relationships with a range of people, placing high importance on delivering service excellence.
- Articulate, strong written and analytical skills and can present data and reports.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)