Manager, Assistant Relationship Manager, Japanese Business, Group Corporate Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.Job Responsibilities
- Support senior coverage bankers in growing and managing Japanese corporate banking relationships across the business units, sectors and countries within UOB.
- Ensure high standard of risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Manage day-to-day operations, management reporting, internal coordination, and originating and executing deals together with Relationship Managers
- Degree from a recognized university with 2 or more years of related work experience, preferably in Credit, Corporate Banking or Investment Banking
- Candidate with strong track record in similar role will be preferred
- Highly motivated to achieve individual / team profit targets
- Demonstrate maturity and confidence in handling difficult situations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to business environment changes and able to work under pressure and deliver within timelines
- Meticulous, self-driven and a team player
- Strong knowledge in the regulatory compliance and KYC
- Proficient PC skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Some business travel requirement is expected in this role
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)