Manager - Application Engineer
Manager - Application Engineer
You will be part of IMDA’s cybersecurity arm that executes ICT initiatives to uplift the cybersecurity posture of the Infocomm and Media (ICM) sectors. You will work closely with the team and be responsible to plan, design, procure, configure and deploy ICT systems for various telecommunications-related cybersecurity projects.
The successful candidate shall be responsible, among others, to:
- Work with the servers, network infrastructure and user/operations teams to conceptualise, define requirements, procure, manage and deploy the required business application(s).
- Ensure that business application(s) are compliant with government security policies and guidelines, fulfil all business requirements and are adequately tested, patched, and securely configured before commissioning.
- Support the conduct of pre-commissioning application/system tests, such as user acceptance testing, performance testing, operations readiness testing, system security acceptance testing, security reviews and/or security audits.
- Code and configure prototypes for business applications for proof of concepts, where necessary.
- Develop documentations required for hand-over of the business application(s) to the IMDA user or operations team.
- Support the operationalisation of the business application(s).
- Provide consultancy advice and guidance to IMDA teams on related technical areas.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Background in Computer Science / Computing / Information Technology or equivalent
- Certification in DevSecOps Engineering is preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in developing, deploying and managing ICT applications and systems on various operating platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux), and virtualization platforms (e.g. HyperV, VMware).
- Proficient with coding and DBMS languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, Go, SQL, etc, and Linux CLI.
- Understand the threat models and security risks for application systems, and be able to apply DevSecOps in the SDLC of applications developed for various platforms, such as web application, embedded application, mobile application, websites.
- Familiar with cloud deployment models and application security in cloud environment.
- Familiar with security best practices such as OWASP Top 10, and security principles for secure application development such as input validation check, data sanitisation, secure session management, AAA, cryptography, etc. Candidates with past trainings in these areas is preferred.
- Able to write and review codes for security testing.
- Knowledgeable with computer networking (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, OSI model, etc).
- Able to show motivation and initiative, problem-solve, be flexible, and handle multiple projects.
- Able to work both independently or with multiple teams.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Possess good written, communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with government security requirements and/or processes (e.g. procurement) will have an added advantage.
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Info-communications Media Development Authority