Management Trainee (Finance)
Management Trainee (Finance)
Management Trainee (Finance) will be placed through a 12-month structured on-the-job training rotations using workplace training and assessment plan for the following 4 roles:
Role 1: Section Head, Control
- Take charge of the group’s AR and AP functions.
- Submission of various reports and schedules, including monthly aging reports etc in a timely manner and in compliance with the statutory requirements.
- Assist in monthly closing, budget and annual audit process.
- Ensuring all site controls are implemented and maintained with sound compliance system in place.
- Prepare and update accounting forms and accounting corporate procedures from time to time, and to upload in the SAP DMS system.
- Participate in various improvement and automation projects.
- Ensure Internal Control Functions are implemented and adhered to.
- Conduct internal and operational audits to ensure system processes and record keeping are proper.
Role 2: Section Head, Taxation, Treasurer
- Fulfil 100% on time submissions for tax filing i.e. ECI, CIT and tax queries for the Group and ensure that the Group meets its tax regulatory requirements.
- Submission of various reports and schedules, including GST & tax reports, etc in a timely manner and in compliance with the statutory requirements.
- Responsible for all corporate taxation calculation and submission for PCI group of company.
- Prepare monthly corporate tax provision for PCI group of company.
- Ensure all tax payments are as per statutory requirement and corporate guidelines.
- Participate in SAP improvement on various schedule automation and corporate income tax schedule automation.
- Monitor and ensure sufficient currency funding to support operational requirements.
- Execute the inflow and outflow of funds in accordance with the control parameters defined.
- Submission of various reports and schedules, including bank reconciliation reports, cash flow reports, weekly cash reports, etc in a timely manner and in compliance with the statutory requirements.
Role 3: Section Head, Financial Reporting
- Ensure Finance reporting for PCI Ltd group of company is closed and submitted on time in accordance to management and statutory requirement.
- Ensure external audit is carried out in accordance with the laws, regulations and directives from Corporate.
- Assist Finance Manager in improving accounting control system with sound compliance system in place and to upload the accounting corporate procedures in SAP DMS system.
- Prepared consolidation of accounts of the PCI group of Companies.
- Prepared quarterly SGX announcement report, compliance check list.
- Ensure Group's accounting function is compliance with FRS and audit requirement.
- Handle the overall audit process include pre-audit planning, follow up closely on outstanding matters, schedule preparation & the completion of annual report.
Role 4: Section Head, Management Reporting
- Handle Group's management accounting function, including budgeting and costing.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly forecast Profit and Loss.
- Prepare quarterly Board Meeting Package.
- Prepare Quarterly SGX announcement analysis package for Senior Management.
- Review monthly Inventory risk management.
- Review activity and overhead rate quarterly.
- Credit Limit Review.
- Review inventory related adjustment request.
- Involve in quarterly/ yearly stock take activity.
- At least a well-recognized university degree with honours in Accountancy or Finance
- Strong business acumen
- Strong leadership traits
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel will be an added advantage
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN ESSAY ANSWERING ALL 3 FOLLOWING QUESTIONS (no word limit) ALONG WITH UPDATED RESUME:
- Describe significant community and professional organizations and extracurricular activities in which you have been involved during or after university studies. Describe the most significant first and include the following information:
- Name of organization
- Nature of activity
- Size of organization
- Dates of involvement
- Offices held
- Number of hours spent
- Describe how your experiences, both personal and professional (if any), have led to your decision to pursue the Management Trainee program at PCI. How does this decision relate to your career goals for the future?
- Describe your business acumen and quantitative abilities that could help you to excel in any or all of the 4 roles.
By submitting your application, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data contained in your document by PCI Limited and or PCI Group of Companies, for the purpose of assessing your job application
We started as a printed circuit board manufacturer in the heart of Silicon Valley, San Jose, in 1972. As demand for high-technology exploded, we added LCD and electronics contract manufacturing to our range of services. We are one of the pioneer companies to identify Batam, Indonesia as a cost-efficient location. Our Batam factory was set up in 1990 and continues to operate today. In 1994, we went public and became listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange. In 2000, we divested our PCB and LCD manufacturing arms to fully focus on electronics contract manufacturing. We also foresaw the emergence of China as the world’s factory and started our Shanghai factory in 2000. Today, we are growing beyond providing just manufacturing services; we have design solutions which can be used to our clients’ advantage.