Logistics & Distribution Centre Manager (manufacturing)
Our client is a US MNC in high Tech Equipment
Direct, manage and coordinate logistics and transportation, inventory, warehousing, manufacturing support, compliance and customer service activities.
Lead and direct strategic planning for logistics and all other related activities.
Motivate and build teamwork to ensure Strategic, Operational & Tactical Targets are met.
Define, oversee & optimize inventory and materials management processes.
Establish & drive Continuous Improvement and Best Practices for:
- Warehousing, Transportation and Logistics
- Export Control and Global Trade Compliance
- Inventory Management & Accuracy
- Cost and Productivity Excellence
Supports all related Service and Sales shipment activities. Assures timely & uninterrupted materials movement to enable Production continuity and revenue recognition.
Lead/Manage/Drive Excellence in Materials Movement & Management, Shipping, GI/GR (Issue/Receiving), 3PL & Warehousing and Distribution to support Operations & Sales/Service
- Devise, optimize and enforce operational procedures and personnel policies.
- Oversees management of external warehouse
- Develop & implement robust and reliable procedures for delivering raw materials & finished goods between Suppliers, Manufacturing Sites and Customer Receiving Locations to ensure Customer Satisfaction while optimizing cost.
- Support & Drive LEAN & CIP
- Develop, Drives & Report KPIs, effective Benchmarking & RFQ Programs
- Manage & Drive an effective Cycle-count & Inventory Mgt Program
- Review & Assists EO (Excess & Obsolete) material dispositions, reduce aging material and facilitate asset recovery actions.
- Ensure Logistics department complies with all ISO 9002 requirements.
- Establish effective Security/ESH procedures and protocols. Be a member of Safety Review Board.
Develops processes and procedures which
- Minimize inventory & optimize Inventory Turns
- Maximize inventory accuracy
- Insure material timely-availability to support Production & Customer shipments.
- Support Just-in-time (JIT) Manufacturing
Establish and maintain a transportation solution set for domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are achieved in line with cost objective targets.
Participate and Support the Sales and Operations Planning (SIOP) process & Audit events.
Ensure company is in compliance with international laws, trade agreements and regulations regarding transportation and commerce, including hazardous materials. Resolve all Customs and legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution.
Provides Leadership, training, personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management and fair & ethical work practices.
Responsible for departmental budgets. Oversee the maintenance of required equipment and tools.
Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Degree in Business or Transportation/Logistics Management or Applied Engineering.
At least 10 years of solid (global) Logistics experience in a managerial capacity
5-10 years in manufacturing, customer service and logistics business environments.
Strong managerial & leadership capability. Able to LEAD, MANAGE and DRIVE.
Can work independently. Strong situational & crisis management skills. Good presentation skills.
Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
Experienced in managing external warehousing and 3PL service providers. Good networking with 3PL and Freight-Forwarders (Air, Sea)
Strong in-depth understanding of Freighters & Couriers, Packaging, Container and Crate design.
Experienced in Export Controls and Global Trade Compliance, as well as local regulatory (eg MES)
Knowledge and experience using SAP for Manufacturing operations, Inventory & Warehouse Mgt
Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers.
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] stating
1) Current Drawn
2) Expecting Salary
3) Date Available
4) Reason to Leave each job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Joyce Koh Ai Leng
People Profilers Pte Ltd,
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza
Tel: 6805 0868
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg nos R1110618
Job Id: Y59X45
People Profilers Pte Ltd