Nitto Denko Asia Technical Centre Pte. Ltd.| Date Posted: 28-Aug-2020
Entry Level, Experienced
- Sourcing and purchase of goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Plan and manage inventory level of stocks
- Perform checking and controlling in various areas to ensure audit compliance
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Prepare and raise purchase requisitions, purchase orders and monitor order schedules with suppliers
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues approach to working together.
- Coordinate and prepare document for all import and export shipments.
- Work closely with freight forwarder if issued encountered.
Skills and Attributes:
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be beneficial
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Minimum Diploma holder in supply chain/logistic or other related fields with at least 3 years of working experience in procurement, sourcing, logistics and supplier management.
- Previous experiences of working in a purchasing team; preferably within a medical or manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, price negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
- Experience of working closely with suppliers/freight forwarders.
- Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
Interested candidates, kindly apply via the "Apply Now" button by sending in your latest resume.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Nitto Denko Asia Technical Centre Pte. Ltd.