We are looking for a Linux Administrator for an ongoing long term project with a billion dollar company in Singapore. The role will be a permanent with client based in Singapore.
Job Title: Linux Administrator
Salary: Open for the discussion
- Successful performance in this role requires an individual be able to perform these duties above a satisfactory level. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and competencies required.
- Support system operations between cloud and on-premise IT UNIX infrastructure
- Administer and support operation related services and products deploy to Azure platform.
- Responsible for operational support and maintenance of 7,000+ servers located globally, running Redhat Enterprise Linux. This includes server builds, monitoring, configuration and ongoing maintenance of servers.
- Responsible for ongoing vulnerability management by coordinating and deploying patches and server rebuilds throughout the estate.
- Perform system administration duties across the environment to provide support services for customer.
- Perform system recoveries.
- Maintain server availability for all sites and periodically participate in DR exercises.
- Must have good problem solving, teamwork, communication and customer service skills.
- Resolve help desk escalations and process items in a ticket queue.
- There are no after-hours on call requirements, but the individual should remain flexible for critical situations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues and provide operations support for bridge calls.
- Participate in the development and implementation of UNIX related projects.
- Monitor servers and remediate alerts that get raised.
- Follow documented proceses and procedures is critical.
- Good, clear communication is an absolute must.
- RHEL 6/7
- Microsoft Azure
- Openshift, Kubernetes
- Autofs, NFS, DNS, LDAP, FTP, NTP, Samba
- Knowledge of kickstart/jumpstart
- Security and performance monitoring and analysis
- Virtualization (VMware and/or RHEV)
- HPOV tool suite (monitoring software experience)
- Veritas products: VxVM, VxFS, VCS and VVR.
- Experience with Puppet and shell scripting; Perl or python is a plus.
- Server hardware (HP Proliant, DELL PowerEdge)
- Conceptual knowledge of storage and networking components.
- Experience with Windows Server is a plus
Interested, Candidates please share their resume at [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or call at 6708 7429 for a confidential discussion
Aryan Solutions Pte Ltd