Line Cook/Demi Chef de Partie
Job Description: To translate the concept and ideals of Chimi's and Chimichanga into a successfully operating restaurant and to closely support your immediate superior, taking responsibility of your assigned tasks within your station that will contribute to the smooth running of operations.
To achieve exemplary standards to exceed customer expectations and to act as a role model for staff, reflecting its unique culture, positive attitude and excellent standards at all times.
Prepares food for customers. Helps devise new methods of cooking and new menu items. Streamlines work from back of house to front of house.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing meats)
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
• Clean up station and take care of leftover food
• Stock inventory appropriately
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly at appropriate temperatures
• Handling multiple food orders at one time
• Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
• Prepares food before the arrival of the guests for special arrangement/ reservation
• Operates various kitchen appliance such as blender, oven, grill or stand mixer
• Cleans food preparation areas and maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen
• Preparing ingredients for shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
• Cleans up after business hours
• Candidates must possess at least 1 to 2 years relevant experience in European cuisines & restaurant/bar
• Experience in Western and Mexican cuisine an added plus
• Willing to learn and adapt to various line positions with locations
• Able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
• Attended NEA’s basic food hygiene course or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
• Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional service.
• Possess the drive and passion to excel in the F&B industry
• Communication skills & team player.
• Self-motivated with positive working attitude.