Level 2 Application Support Engineer
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent
- Join a well known brand within IT Services
Our client is a leading Fortune 500 IT services firm with a diverse portfolio of clients within the private and public sector. Their technology and extensive partner network help clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change and guide their digital transformation journeys.
They are looking for an Applications Support Engineer to be a part of their Infrastructure Development team to support key clients.
As a L2 Applications Support Engineer you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues, issues resolution and/or escalation.
You will also be responsible for root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with other level support teams including infrastructure support team members, subcontractors and third party vendors. You will additionally support and ensure that production changes implemented are in accordance to the standard operation procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides Level 2 application support for reported issues and resolve within the stipulated service level agreement (SLA), which include:
- Analysing the issue and to determine the root cause
- Providing corrective and preventive solution
- Escalating case to Level 3 or Technical Support for further investigations.
- Ensuring smooth completion of application batch jobs.
- Providing after office hours stand-by duty support on a short time basis when necessary and during major production implementation or during peak activity periods.
- Training & Mentorship will be provided on SOPs, ITSM and Monitoring & Investigation Tools.
- You have at least 2 years of technical experience in IT and have basic knowledge of programming and hands-on coding experience of simple applications
- You possess SQL knowledge and able to construct basic SQL queries
- You understand User Interface, Client server Environment, Web Technology, Unix, Windows, Database and Middleware
- You can read and understand Java or .Net codes
- Prior experience in a ticketing environment and experience with writing scripts for automation will be an advantage
- You have an analytical mindset and able to understand business and functional concepts
- You are proactive and self-driven and able to work under pressure with a high sense of urgency
- You have Strong problem solving skills with good communication skills
Apply for this role at: https://snaphunt.com/jobs/72404604
Snaphunt Pte Ltd