1. General Legal Work
1.1 Reviewing reporting templates and applications for process improvement and automation.
1.2 Assist counsels in various legal matters including research and investigations; review of contracts and correspondence.
1.3 Coordinating with other Departments to check facts, ensure accuracy of information and preparation of information to be submitted to the Casino Regulatory Authority and other government authorities;
1.4 Responding to general legal based queries.
2. Regulatory Affairs/General Compliance/General Due diligence
2.1 Coordination and management of company interaction with regulators, including responding to inquiries and participating in discussions with regulators on critical regulatory issues;
2.2 Management of frameworks and processes for adherence to regulatory obligations, including (i) monitoring performance of frameworks and processes for effectiveness in regulatory compliance; (ii) review of adequacy of policies and procedures for sufficiency in addressing regulatory requirements; and (iii) enhancement and implementation of policies and procedures within operational environments.
2.3 Conduct and operationalization of regulatory change management initiatives and projects.
2.4 Assist counsels in review of factual matrix for resolution of potential incidents of regulatory breach;
2.5 Provides support and training to operational teams in areas of regulatory affairs and obligations
2.6 Assist counsels in reviewing and advising on various matters of regulatory compliance, including special projects directed by senior management.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in paralegal corporate or regulatory compliance work in law firms or large multinationals;
- Working knowledge of legal principles and regulatory frameworks;
- Familiarity with IT systems and applications used in large multinationals
- Knowledgeable on legal/compliance automation and reporting tools;
- Good drafting skills/experience in drafting documents on policies and procedures;
- Experience in implementation of processes and procedures in operational environments;
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- Good command of the English language
- Familiarity with Excel and Powerpoint applications
- Degree or Diploma in Law would be preferred but not mandatory