Legal Counsel (Regional)
- Potential for role to evolve into greater responsibilities
- Opportunity to work with an amazing team!
- Report directly to the CEO
Our client is a Fintech startup backed by a top global incubator. Headquartered in Singapore with operations across South East Asia, they provide small and medium businesses convenient financial services including debit and credit card products, digital banking and cash management systems.
In this role, you will support the business operations team throughout the APAC region and drive legal strategy for the venture, while ensuring compliance with regulations for different marketings in South East Asia.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining the strategy of the venture based on sound legal rationale;
- Advising on the implementation of the relevant processes and controls to mitigate compliance and regulatory risk
- Development of compliance policies and procedures and for compliance-related risk assessment and control evaluations
- Negotiation/ drafting/ reviewing and advising on legal aspects regarding the onboarding of counterparties, borrowers & investors
- Drafting internal legal memos regarding upcoming regulatory landscape
- Handling a variety of general corporate legal matters for the Group
- You have at least 3 years experience in a similar role, with experience working within Fintech/ banking and finance
- You possess strong knowledge and understanding of Capital Markets products, regulatory and compliance matters
- You have the ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure without compromising quality
- You are pro-active and like to be hands-on.
- You are a self-starter who can work well in changing environments.
- You have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills
- You have an interest in helping our small business borrowers grow their businesses
Snaphunt Pte Ltd